Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these were taken at one of the parks here in Shanghai

9-2-1018.jpg

Not sure what it says

9-2-1020.jpg

C&C per req:

1. This image is nice enough, but rather lacking 'pop'. There are a couple of reasons. One, while you've made excellent use of the path as a leading line, there's no real interesting subject that it takes you to. As well, you're shooting at (I think) the wrong time of day, judging by the shadows and exposure. Try shooting earlier in the day or later in the evening to avoid the over-exposure of the path and clouds. As well, a polarizing filter is essential for this sort of work, and will make a great improvement in your IQ.

2. The same exposure and filter recommendations apply here; I would also consider cropping off some of the space image right; it's not really adding to the photo in any way. I see your attempt to follow the rule of thirds here, but I don't think it needs to be quite so extreme.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I agree with tirediron about the crop. In fact just earlier in one of my posted
threads we were discussing how a vertical subject should be treated to a
portrait crop rather than a landscape crop, and the ROT should apply to the
crop and not before, In (2), since the backgrounds trees aren't all that
interesting I am guessing the pillar in front is the subject and you can go for
a protrait crop and see how it looks :)

I missed reading the description before looking at the images and thought #2 was a gravestone. If it *were* a gravestone this composition might be good. ;)

Added a mild "pop" to the first shot. See if you like it.

921018.jpg

Thanks for the input...

Kalni - I do like the edit

I'll have to keep in mind about about the path leading to an interesting subject....there was actually someone down at the end of the path but I waited for them to get out of the way thinking they were messing up my shot. I probably should have taken a shot with the person in it and with out and see how it played out. Lessons learned.

I think the second one would look nice still off-center, however you've got to chop off a touch of that right side because the first thing I notice about the photo is that you have a chunk of brush clearly in the foreground there, and it ain't worked into the main shot (you'll also get rid of that tiny little annoying shadow way below the brush near the bottom).

i would play with the contrast a little to make them look better and the edit is very nice i would have done the same thing

Most reactions

Back