Some pics of the girlfriend C&C please

Hmm, the make-up doesn't really bother me, though I'm not sure I like it circling the eye, I'd probably prefer it all on top.

The thing that kind of does bother me is the change in skin tone between shots 1,2 and then 3. In 3 it's almost as though she lost any tan she had. On it's own I would like the image, but as a part of the set I think the different skin tone throws it for me.

I like them...1 or two would be my 1st pic. I can't decide to be honest. The makeup isn't my think but I understand the type of look you were looking for. I like them. It must be nice to have such a lovely model to shoot...?

You're way past my level and I see nothing wrong with any of them.

What I like especially are her eyes' catch lights, especially in 2 and 3. In 1 it's a bit unnatural but with the unorthodox hairstyle and makeup it works.

I think you did great with the lighting and the focus and... damn I just read your gearlist... badass...

Updated the gearlist, it changed a tad...

I can't believe people are stuck on the makeup.

Never seen any type of high fashion model work before?

Thank You! Exactly what I was going for. My girlfriend is a professional makeup artist. This makeup was VERY toned down and was meant to be almost natural. These were high fashion beauty shots.

To the member that asked me how new I am to photography. I bought my first DSLR in August (canon 20D) I joined this forum within a week or so of buying my first DSLR.

Eric

Hmm, the make-up doesn't really bother me, though I'm not sure I like it circling the eye, I'd probably prefer it all on top.

The thing that kind of does bother me is the change in skin tone between shots 1,2 and then 3. In 3 it's almost as though she lost any tan she had. On it's own I would like the image, but as a part of the set I think the different skin tone throws it for me.

Aren't part of a set. They are two completely different looks and I like to edit as I feel fit for the individual picture.

I'm not saying you should not shoot her the way you both want (if that involves makeup, go for it!).

People post for C&C for feedback, there's nothing wrong with some folks offering their opinions if they don't match what the photographer was looking to elicit.

Art is subjective, after all :)

I'm not saying you should not shoot her the way you both want (if that involves makeup, go for it!).

People post for C&C for feedback, there's nothing wrong with some folks offering their opinions if they don't match what the photographer was looking to elicit.

Art is subjective, after all :)

Absolutely... I'm just explaining that its not a portrait. Its a high fashion beauty shot. That is why the makeup is the way it is :)

I don't like how the catchlights in #1 are directly on her pupils, unless that was intentional for effect. Otherwise fantastic!

Eric,

When did the Nikon switch happen? You should make a thread about your reasons. I'd love to read it.

Eric,

When did the Nikon switch happen? You should make a thread about your reasons. I'd love to read it.

I've had focusing problems with my 5D mark ii (especially outer focus points) and I moved to a 1DS mark iii and also realized focus problems as well. I also heard about the nikon 24-70 being as sharp as canon primes, which I can vouch for is true. I never need the speed of primes, considering I always use strobes. So I figured why not just make the switch. Never going back now!

why is this posted in the beginner section?

I really like all three pictures. I don't think the makeup is overdone at all. I like the dramatic look but that is my opinion and taste. This is the look that I would like to go for in some of my portraits. Did you shot these in a studio?

I like number 3 the best. The model is gorgeous!

I really like all three pictures. I don't think the makeup is overdone at all. I like the dramatic look but that is my opinion and taste. This is the look that I would like to go for in some of my portraits. Did you shot these in a studio?

Yup all in the studio in my apartment. Beauty dish to the right. And 5 ft octabox to the left.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back