Some Pics

Pixie42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went up to the country to visit family and took some pics. I just recently got my Rebel XTi so have just mostly been messing around with it.

What do you think? Be critical, but also fully aware I KNOW they aren't great.

Completed1.jpg

Completed148.jpg

Here is the same fish, different angle.

completed8.jpg

Ducky!

Completed8duck.jpg

Completed152.jpg

Completed7.jpg

This one is similar to the one above, but I prefer this one. I just LOVE the colours. This is my fave pic of the whole day, I think it is very decent. I cropped out the shoreline in another version of this picture, any opinions? I have mixed feelings. I like the shoreline there, with the boat houses, but it may be a bit distracting?

Completed6-1.jpg

I am a photoshop newb, so basically all I did was tweak the colours a little bit. There is a lot I would improve on in all the pics, I just need to sit my boyfriend down and get him to teach me some stuff, he is a photoshop wizard.

Watch out for those over-exposed skies! It looks like when you added contrast it turned your skies from light blue to white. To prevent this sometimes you should add a little bit of midtone contrast instead.

On your fish shots, your depth of field is okay, but I don't find the subject very appealing. (I doubt anybody else will either)

On the picture with the duck, it's a nice capture just try finding a way to lighten the duck. Whether that's done with lightening the shadows or using lighting effects.

Good for a beginner, I can answer questions if you need to ask.

Watch out for those over-exposed skies! It looks like when you added contrast it turned your skies from light blue to white. To prevent this sometimes you should add a little bit of midtone contrast instead.

On your fish shots, your depth of field is okay, but I don't find the subject very appealing. (I doubt anybody else will either)

On the picture with the duck, it's a nice capture just try finding a way to lighten the duck. Whether that's done with lightening the shadows or using lighting effects.

Good for a beginner, I can answer questions if you need to ask.

Thanks for your input. I don't care for the fish much either, but it was all that was semi-interesting in the area lol. :lol:

Midtone contrast? How does one achieve that? I'm a photoshop newb. I want to take some courses, but just have been so busy lately.

When you go to the Levels (via Image -> Adjust), you can push or pull three different levers. One for the highlights, one for the shadows, one for the midtones. Once you'll have opened your levels, you'll also be shown your photos histogramme and can thus see where it is lacking. A very balanced photo should show a "mountain", with both sides reaching the left and right end. When you get a spike on the right (hightlights), you have blown out parts, when you get a spike on the left (shadows), your shadow contrasts begin to be too strong.

I don't mind the blown out sky so much, but what really bugs me is the horizons are not even close to being straight :confused: It's something that's actually really easy to fix in PS. Just google it if you're not sure how to do it.

Besides that tho, photos are pretty good :)

Most reactions

Back