Some pictures I took this weekend.

Dan28607

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. These are pictures I took this weekend. Please let me know what you think! Thanks!
send9.jpg

send10.jpg

send11.jpg

I like the composition of the 3rd the best, but the shadows are pretty harsh..especially on the neck of the one looking at us. If you can go back, try shooting just after sunrise or just before sunset - the light is much better then. I do think these look good though.

Just curious..what kind of horses are these? Their bodies look huge compared to their short legs

Thanks for the advice! Im not sure what kind of horses they are. I was driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway and there they were. I had to stop and take a few shots.

neat shots, the b&w are good, but the color is probably even better... the crop/comp on #3 is interesting... really like that one, and i agree with JDS on the shadows...

:thumbup:

Awww, that makes me miss Virginia- we used to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway all the time. The black and whites are more dramatic, but in this case I think the color works better. It could be on a post card.:D

Wow, I love them all........but then again, I love horses! I think you did great. I love how close you got.

I am quite fascinated by your first photo here, and I like the stark shadows and contrasts in that one, and I like the b+w, and I really like the composition of that one. The horses look like "twins" or like they were taking part in some "synchronised" something-competition ... that is a funny aspect to the photo. And in that same "synchronised" manner the light is on one side of their faces only, and the shadow on the neck of the far horse helps to enhance the face of the near one ... there is nothing about that photo that I don't like. Even your lover POV (point of view) appeals to me!

great shots, I just love the 3rd one

Most reactions

Back