some pictures I took.

chrisjames654

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my friends car for a bit and wanted to try some shots. few things I noticed myself:

1) all the shots are of the front.
2) dont shoot in the grass (I really wanted to take pictures with the sign in it.

shot with a canon 20D, 18-55mm lens. I was changing settings so much I dont know what I used, haha. these are what I am most happy with:

charles4a.jpg

charles5b.jpg

3. (couldn't figure out the sky)
charles1b.jpg

charles8a.jpg

note: my images are OK to edit, just so long as you note what you changed.

You can see what settings you were using by opening the photo and hitting the info button.

Since you're basically taking pictures of a very static object you could easily get away with one of the advanced modes which will give you more control over your apperture as well as shutter speeds. What kind of flash do you have?

I'm debating myself on which tripod to get but using a tripod even can help you mess with the settings a bit more.

#2 is my absolute favorite though. I like the "miata advertisement" characteristic of it. 3 is nice too.

Now unrelated question really. Am i Crazy or did you edit the "Hope" sign? Both shots look to be in similar place.

I do have a tripod and did not use flash. that mode was not just point and shoot, it was mostly manual settings. The hope sign is really there, but I did add the owners nickname and mods to the car you can see. also, I misspelled bronze without noticing it.

Cars can be tricky. You have to understand that you're not only photographing the car, but everything else in the area that's reflecting off the surface.

The skies are a bit blown out in some of them. Also, I think all of these could use a bit of a contrast boost, have you played around with the Curves command in Photoshop or some other program?

The car looks good, though. I like how you got a low angle on the last 2!

They were fun pictures. Good job. What I will say though is the background is pretty distracting in picture #2. Attention is not drawn as much to the car as should be. When I look at it what I see first and foremost are the cranes. Nice car though!!

I agree number 2 is reminds me of an advertisement, but the construction draws me away from the car. Lens correction could help on number 2, the building seems to lean out of the image.

^^ I agree that it can be a little distracting, but I didnt want to have it going out of the picture. what could I do in that situation?

Also, I think all of these could use a bit of a contrast boost, have you played around with the Curves command in Photoshop or some other program?

I have tried to find it but couldn't find where that setting was.

Most reactions

Back