Some pictures this evening

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went and played with the pets, first time really sitting down and taking pictures of our cat and dog. The dog was by far easier to photograph then the cat, but I found the cat's results were better :? If the cat would just sit still instead of trying to get me to pet her, it would make it ALOT easier. Anywho's, here they are.

This is my favourite one, even though the body is so overexposed. I actually like that, and find it makes the picture.
carly.jpg

Sadly I think the moment is better then the picture here :(
petrie-and-lawn-knowm.jpg

Just playing with some body parts...
that probally didn't sound to good eh :lol:
petries-ear.jpg

petries-eye.jpg

Do you think it would be better if I got the nose in the shot? am I missing out? or does it not matter?
petrie-staring.jpg

oh, and here's something extra..
rust-2.jpg

Troy

Wow! #5 is terrific! Really strong composition on that one.
I would probably dodge the iris and highlights in the eye a tough just to bring them out a little more, and spot a couple of places where it looks like a hair has caught a glare, but other than that, I can't think of anything to change.
That glare is great, too. It would work as well without that diagonal.

Thanks for the tips mark! I see what you mean with a few hairs being bright from the light, Im not too sure what it means to dodge something so I guess I'll hafta look into that. Thanks again. :)

All of them have nice detail.

#2 is my favorite. I like it's composition and everything else. This Photo is begging for a caption! And that really makes a photo interresting.

#5 has good composition. The eye as the main subject has proper placement within the frame but it begs for PhotoShop. I think omitting the full face was an error. the present crop causes me to look off the frame in search for the rest of the face.

You obviously have the proper equipment to do nice photography.

Personally, I like the unusual crop. It add a cool dynamic to the image for me. It's one of the reasons I like it so much.

Dodge means to lighten. Burn means to darken. The terms come from traditional darkroom techniques.

markc said:
Personally, I like the unusual crop. It add a cool dynamic to the image for me. It's one of the reasons I like it so much.

Dodge means to lighten. Burn means to darken. The terms come from traditional darkroom techniques.

Oh thanks again mark! thats so much simpler then I thought it would be :shock: :D

Most reactions

Back