Some place Different ~ Mother and Daughter

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again I have found beauty in the most unexpected place. Today was my first session in my Be Inspired Project Series that I am working on so we took a trip to a local cemetery. While there one of my awesome volunteers asked if I could take some photos of her and her daughter for a father's day gift.

C&C totally welcome

1. While walking around we came across this headstone with "mother" on the top of it.
2538443868_520a1151fd.jpg

2. Right before we left we walked back to this huge and awesome tree right in the middle of the cemetery.
2538411768_8f8d510e96.jpg

2538429732_524b6a5e4a.jpg

I think #1 could have totally worked without the headstone. Get a creepy "kissing mom goodbye vibe". That or copy it to another layer and bring the opacity way down so that is isn't so prominent. Or maybe just recrop without it and see what it looks like.

#2 Is very nice - but could have been better if you opened up more to blur the background (bokeh) further as you did in #3 which is great work!

Mom should be very happy with the last two as they are - still concerned about that first one.

Thanks Jim. I will see how it looks with a different crop just for the sake of looking. the headstone was a request from the mom even though she didn't know who it belongs to.

#2 is stopped down as far as i could go :(

thanks for the comments :)

I don't know if I have some superstitious tendencies or what, but I have a serious problem with #1. Not just the headstone, but the fact that its an anonymous headstone, and mom's expression, and her daughter's hand on mom's throat -- if it had been taken slightly differently it could have been incredibly effective, gripping, shocking art. As is, though, it just gives me the creeps.

Having said that, #2 & #3 are really great. I love the composition and the posing-- everything is perfect about the posing!

Usually with posing on something uncomfortable like a tree, there will be a limb that looks awkward or people will look like they're holding on for dear life. I don't know if it was Mom or your direction, but its really perfect. The same goes for #3. I LOVE the way they're looking at eachother, the way the little girl's legs are crossed, the placement of hands and the way the light hits the girl's face.

Awesome!

I don't know if I have some superstitious tendencies or what, but I have a serious problem with #1. Not just the headstone, but the fact that its an anonymous headstone, and mom's expression, and her daughter's hand on mom's throat -- if it had been taken slightly differently it could have been incredibly effective, gripping, shocking art. As is, though, it just gives me the creeps.
I can understand that and I know most people are not going to like it. I found out the next day that her kids great grandfather is buried in that cemetery and his wife visits the site once a month so we are going back with the kids to get a photo of them visiting his headstone. Ya its something out of the norm but its also something the greatgrandmother would love and cherish.
Having said that, #2 & #3 are really great. I love the composition and the posing-- everything is perfect about the posing!

Usually with posing on something uncomfortable like a tree, there will be a limb that looks awkward or people will look like they're holding on for dear life. I don't know if it was Mom or your direction, but its really perfect. The same goes for #3. I LOVE the way they're looking at eachother, the way the little girl's legs are crossed, the placement of hands and the way the light hits the girl's face.

Awesome!
thanks for the compliments. I really do love this tree and now natural they look. It was pretty high up but for the most part the little girl did fine. Only in a few shots was she scared and it showed :(

Excellent job! Although, a change in the mothers expression in img 1 would have made it all the better. My absolute favorite.. number two! Beautiful work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back