Some Questions

For a free place to sell your work, get comments, and possible orders, DeviantART seems to fit the bill :p

ONce you get a DeviantART account, you can make a portfolio, and pick and choose what photos you want to put on it, you can categorize it etc etc.

DeviantART has a prints system, where they do ALL the work, and you get a share of the money. (If you get a premium print account you can pick the prices, and I beleive get a larger share of the money)

Here is my portfolio for an example: Elijah Nicaise Its nice and professional looking, no ads jumping out at your viewers.

The regular part of DeviantART is where you get your comments, and it even has a forum ^_^ (The Thumbshare forum is a REALLY good way to promote your work)

Lol, after reading this I sound like Im obviously advertising for myself :D That was NOT the intention whatsoever :lol:

This is what I do.

I don't really have any need for a website for proofs or somewhere potential clients can check me out, so I've just set up a little website so if my friends/family ask me where they can find my pictures I can tell them "nickrobin.tk" rather then saying, oh yeah go to flickr then backslash then photos then backslash etc. etc.

website is here if you wanted to check it out. (for an inexplicable reason it doesn't work in chrome)

What I've basically done is used Lightroom to create a flash gallery, uploaded it my domain with a free hosting service I found. Then I exported the gallery so I have the the actual shockwave file of the flash slideshow.

Created a simple html website and dropped the flash slideshow in the middle and thats it.

This is what I do.

I don't really have any need for a website for proofs or somewhere potential clients can check me out, so I've just set up a little website so if my friends/family ask me where they can find my pictures I can tell them "nickrobin.tk" rather then saying, oh yeah go to flickr then backslash then photos then backslash etc. etc.

website is here if you wanted to check it out. (for an inexplicable reason it doesn't work in chrome)

What I've basically done is used Lightroom to create a flash gallery, uploaded it my domain with a free hosting service I found. Then I exported the gallery so I have the the actual shockwave file of the flash slideshow.

Created a simple html website and dropped the flash slideshow in the middle and thats it.

Nice site there. I like it.

For a free place to sell your work, get comments, and possible orders, DeviantART seems to fit the bill :p

ONce you get a DeviantART account, you can make a portfolio, and pick and choose what photos you want to put on it, you can categorize it etc etc.

DeviantART has a prints system, where they do ALL the work, and you get a share of the money. (If you get a premium print account you can pick the prices, and I beleive get a larger share of the money)

Here is my portfolio for an example: Elijah Nicaise Its nice and professional looking, no ads jumping out at your viewers.

The regular part of DeviantART is where you get your comments, and it even has a forum ^_^ (The Thumbshare forum is a REALLY good way to promote your work)

Lol, after reading this I sound like Im obviously advertising for myself :D That was NOT the intention whatsoever :lol:

I really like your portfolio on DA. Do you sell any of your photographs over there? How long did it take you to make that?

Crazysah

Hey guys,

I did not know where to post this and I thought this was the most appropriate section. If not, then you can shift it.

Basically, I want to start a portfolio of all my photographs so I can show it to newspapers or colleges or for internships or whatever.

Where should I start? I was thinking along the lines of Flickr or something? Or my own blog?

Do post all your suggestions and ideas here...

Thanks
Crazysah

If you're lucky enough to own a Mac, check out the various options on "dot-Mac."

Hey guys,

I did not know where to post this and I thought this was the most appropriate section. If not, then you can shift it.

Basically, I want to start a portfolio of all my photographs so I can show it to newspapers or colleges or for internships or whatever.

Where should I start? I was thinking along the lines of Flickr or something? Or my own blog?

Do post all your suggestions and ideas here...

Thanks
Crazysah

If you're lucky enough to own a Mac, check out the various options on "dot-Mac."

Nope. I don't own a Mac.

Blog or your own website because you can design them :D [since you want to show the pictures-->> you must want to enroll in some art school or jobs-->>> the more you show off your art "eyes" the better it is]

Crazysah:

Did you ever make a decision on a web presentation service? You might consider Wordpress or Joomla + photo addons. Also, look at the free photo web gallery software, Copermine and Gallery 2.

The cost of a web will be more than the cost of a photo service, like FLIKR. ($75/year for the site vs. $25-40 for the service.)

I know this is old but I finally got into the business of doing it. I now am about to earna DSLR and am trying to create a website. | Just another WordPress site with 2 other people. That's what I have so far. Anyone here know how to edit a woothemes theme?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back