& i wanna start early
so one day ican take great shots
eensyweensy.jpg
113_1400.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg
A0028.jpg

You're off to a good start!
I wish I had started when I was younger. I'm 33 and I've only been behind the camera for about one year.

I'd like to see the last one (landscape) a little bigger :)

Way to go mate.
A norwegian saying translated to english: You should be bend early, if you are to be a good hook. ;)

The landscape shot seems to have it's brilliance! I wanna see it bigger.

Keep on shooting, mate. :)

A third for the larger landscape. And your cat is cute, almost looks like a stuffed animal.

I'd like to see the Disney and the landscape a little bigger. The landscape does look very promising! I also love your dog photo! Great start and very good eye! Great job! :thumbup:

very good start! i like the landscape shot! try readin up on some composition, it did wonders for me when i first started. keep shootin! :thumbup:

I agree with what everyone else is saying, the last one is a great shot and should be bigger.

I agree with what WoodSac says. I, too, am old, but a newbie to photography (in fact, I'm less than a year into this thrilling hobby), so I envy you for starting young. Stick around here, poke your nose into all the threads, and I promise that you will learn lots.

I like that Norwegian saying...I might have to use it...it sure beats the only other thing I can say in Norwegian (utgang)...not very practical!

haha thanks
Yeah the disney one i dont know how big i can get that one..
I was stupid & accidently made it smaller & i dont know how to make it bigger without blurring it.
The other landscape one i made the same mistake, but i can fix that because i have it printed so i can scan it . =]
Yeah my dad got me into the hobby & he reccomended i start young

x highhand17 said:
haha thanks
Yeah the disney one i dont know how big i can get that one..
I was stupid & accidently made it smaller & i dont know how to make it bigger without blurring it.
The other landscape one i made the same mistake, but i can fix that because i have it printed so i can scan it . =]
Yeah my dad got me into the hobby & he reccomended i start young

He was a smart man!

As far as making things small and bigger...sadly, I don't think you can. I've learned that lesson the hard way as well. Now, I've learned a neat fix. When I open a photo to play with in PhotoShop, I immediately do a File>Save as, and save it into a separate folder very far from the other pic. (Actually, I use iPhoto, so that saves the original in a folder in my Pictures folder. I do the Save as into my Documents folder in a folder called Manipulated--I save the final PSD, a ful-sized JPG, and the reduced-sized JPG........this also explains why out of 40G, I only have anout 5 left :lol: )

These are nice photos, x_highhand, and your father is right to suggest you start early. And it seems like you are off to a good start.
As to resizing your photos: you should NEVER touch your originals. However those come out and however much you do to them in Photoshop or with any other post processing software: leave the original untouched in a folder exclusively for your originals as they come straight from the camera.
Any edit, any resized version, should go into a separate folder as a copy from the original. Keep the original file as if it were your negative file in the book shelf, assuming you were working with film.

Most reactions

Back