What's new

Some random shots

x highhand17

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
332
Reaction score
5
I know these shots dont even compare to some that ive seen on here
but im only 14
& i wanna start early
so one day ican take great shots
eensyweensy.jpg
113_1400.jpg


IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg
A0028.jpg
 
You're off to a good start!
I wish I had started when I was younger. I'm 33 and I've only been behind the camera for about one year.

I'd like to see the last one (landscape) a little bigger :)
 
Way to go mate.
A norwegian saying translated to english: You should be bend early, if you are to be a good hook. ;)

The landscape shot seems to have it's brilliance! I wanna see it bigger.

Keep on shooting, mate. :)
 
A third for the larger landscape. And your cat is cute, almost looks like a stuffed animal.
 
I'd like to see the Disney and the landscape a little bigger. The landscape does look very promising! I also love your dog photo! Great start and very good eye! Great job! :thumbup:
 
very good start! i like the landscape shot! try readin up on some composition, it did wonders for me when i first started. keep shootin! :thumbup:
 
I agree with what everyone else is saying, the last one is a great shot and should be bigger.

I agree with what WoodSac says. I, too, am old, but a newbie to photography (in fact, I'm less than a year into this thrilling hobby), so I envy you for starting young. Stick around here, poke your nose into all the threads, and I promise that you will learn lots.

I like that Norwegian saying...I might have to use it...it sure beats the only other thing I can say in Norwegian (utgang)...not very practical!
 
haha thanks
Yeah the disney one i dont know how big i can get that one..
I was stupid & accidently made it smaller & i dont know how to make it bigger without blurring it.
The other landscape one i made the same mistake, but i can fix that because i have it printed so i can scan it . =]
Yeah my dad got me into the hobby & he reccomended i start young
 
x highhand17 said:
haha thanks
Yeah the disney one i dont know how big i can get that one..
I was stupid & accidently made it smaller & i dont know how to make it bigger without blurring it.
The other landscape one i made the same mistake, but i can fix that because i have it printed so i can scan it . =]
Yeah my dad got me into the hobby & he reccomended i start young

He was a smart man!

As far as making things small and bigger...sadly, I don't think you can. I've learned that lesson the hard way as well. Now, I've learned a neat fix. When I open a photo to play with in PhotoShop, I immediately do a File>Save as, and save it into a separate folder very far from the other pic. (Actually, I use iPhoto, so that saves the original in a folder in my Pictures folder. I do the Save as into my Documents folder in a folder called Manipulated--I save the final PSD, a ful-sized JPG, and the reduced-sized JPG........this also explains why out of 40G, I only have anout 5 left :lol: )
 
haha oh yes my dad is very smart..however, not in geometry XD
 
These are nice photos, x_highhand, and your father is right to suggest you start early. And it seems like you are off to a good start.
As to resizing your photos: you should NEVER touch your originals. However those come out and however much you do to them in Photoshop or with any other post processing software: leave the original untouched in a folder exclusively for your originals as they come straight from the camera.
Any edit, any resized version, should go into a separate folder as a copy from the original. Keep the original file as if it were your negative file in the book shelf, assuming you were working with film.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom