Some recent seniors

A very nice series! You've got the outdoor thing pretty much nailed down.

I'd like to hear a bit about the shot of the boy in the long sleeved blue shirt... the back-lit one in the tall grass. Is that a reflector I see for a fill?

Again... VERY nice, consistant work.

Pete

thanks for all the nice words everyone!

ChristiePhoto:

the one in the tall grass is actually just slightly backlit, I didnt use any kind of fill. I've found that, as long as the sun is not on the face, a slight per-area brightening in PS works just great for this type of shot. I would have tried a reflector, but didn't have anyone (or anything) to hold it :D

Wow! What great pictures!
These kids are so lucky!
I really like the second one.
As with everyone else:
Wish you were around when I was a Senior!

I'll be honest, I rarely comment on photos on forums because I think most kind of...suck.

But these are EXCEPTIONAL. Thanks for the inspiration!

How do you ask them if its ok to shoot outside the studio or something?

If you are talking to them do you just ask, "Do you happen to have any hobbies? oh yeah? like what? oh you like music? You drum eh? is it ok if you bring your whole set and take it into a field? great!" I ask beucase I think it's a great idea nad it really puts them into perspective like the cowboy shot where it gives the subject a sense of place.

Those are great. Hopefully someday I will be able to take shots like these. Love the one of the "cadet" with the sword.

Thanks for the inspiration

I really love the drummer one, myself being a drummer. I'm going to try and do a similiar shto for myself next year. Just great

and I have a Sonor kit too :)

Most reactions

Back