Some Shots from my Canon A620 (56K Go Take a Shower or Something)

TAG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I"m fairly new to photography and I thought I would post up some of my pictures to get some C&C. I have these pictures in my welcome thread but I think they'll get a better response here.

None of these photos were edited. I know the hoizon is off in the sunrise photo but it was too hard to keep it straight out on a fishing boat. There is also a lot of background in some of the pictures that should be cropped out .
I know the flower needs to be cropped, the back ground is too big and distracting, the boat one is cropped because I caught houses in the back ground and it ruined the picture. The icebergs down on the "beach" (and I use that term lightly) were really nice, wish I could have gotten to be around them at sunset or sunrise, but it wasn't meant to be. They are all gone now.

300.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

313.jpg

289.jpg

101.jpg

081.jpg

060.jpg

083.jpg

085.jpg

crop.jpg

Let the comments fly. New camera is on the way. I have a long way to go I know. I may try to edit some of these photos myself and see what I can do. Anyone else who wants to play around with them feel free to give it a shot.

Thanks
-TAG

Last edited:
I like the picture of the water, yes... the horizon is off, but you can fix that in ps easy...
I like the icebergs with the overcast sky, maybe work with some of the contrast a little (in whatever editor you use)to make it a touch more dramatic, but it is still nice the way it is. I don't however really the one where the iceberg is in front of the rocks. It looks kinda weird to me...
Pictures of skies and buildings don't really interest me (unless its at a cool angle), but that is my own personal preference. I know plenty of people who DO like those pics, so I just won't comment on those and leave it to an enthusiast. Nothing I could say would be constructive.
The boat is cool, but the garage is distracting and obtrusive.
The flower pic is nice, but the background doesn't bother me, so I would leave it... I am sure others will disagree...
all in all... I like em! :)

I'm really impressed with those pictures if they were taken with an A620. The water is a little blurred in the river pictures. I think I would like those shots more if the water looked more crisp, but that might be hard to accomplish with the A620. I really like the 2nd and 3rd shots that look out over the sea, those are fantastic scenes in my opinion.

I like the picture of the water, yes... the horizon is off, but you can fix that in ps easy...
I like the icebergs with the overcast sky, maybe work with some of the contrast a little (in whatever editor you use)to make it a touch more dramatic, but it is still nice the way it is. I don't however really the one where the iceberg is in front of the rocks. It looks kinda weird to me...
Pictures of skies and buildings don't really interest me (unless its at a cool angle), but that is my own personal preference. I know plenty of people who DO like those pics, so I just won't comment on those and leave it to an enthusiast. Nothing I could say would be constructive.
The boat is cool, but the garage is distracting and obtrusive.
The flower pic is nice, but the background doesn't bother me, so I would leave it... I am sure others will disagree...
all in all... I like em! :)

I'll see what I can do with the icebergs, and the one facing into the shore with the cliffs in the back ground is not my favorite either. There really was no other angle that didn't have a building in the background or the water, and I took all of them but this one looked the best in my mind. Also the boat picture I love and agree totally about the building in the back ground. I wouldn't mind the building in the picture if it was older looking and falling down to match the boat. I took it in B&W just so the building wouldn't stand out as much since it is white and not beat up like the boat. I also tried other angles with it but they really didn't work to well either. I don't currently use an editor, I have PS but never got around to learning the basics. I"ll get into it more with the new camera.

Thanks for the comments.

-TAG

I really like 2 & 3 (just fix the horizon in 2).
I think both pix with buildings are a little flat looking, the last one in B&W I brought into photoshop and just using the Auto levels made it a little more interesting.
Same with this shot, just Auto levels and adjusted the saturation just a tiny bit in the hue/saturation to make the blue in the ice stand out a bit more (thats the bit that interests me). Always better to do manual adjustments but if your not quite sure, the auto ones can be a good start. (I like the other icebug shot similar to this but found the bolder to the front right a little distracting for some reason).
083px7.jpg

You've got some great photos here, the compsition is right on as well as the exposure. Keep up the good work.

I really like 2 & 3 (just fix the horizon in 2).
I think both pix with buildings are a little flat looking, the last one in B&W I brought into photoshop and just using the Auto levels made it a little more interesting.
Same with this shot, just Auto levels and adjusted the saturation just a tiny bit in the hue/saturation to make the blue in the ice stand out a bit more (thats the bit that interests me). Always better to do manual adjustments but if your not quite sure, the auto ones can be a good start. (I like the other icebug shot similar to this but found the bolder to the front right a little distracting for some reason).

I may go back and play around with differnt angles with the buildings, I was pressed for time when I was there first. I really liked the old smashed up life boat so perhaps I'll go back and see what I can do with it. Yeah the big rock is distracting in the front, but in that shot i wasn't trying to really focus on the iceberg like in the other shots, I wanted basically the "scene" of the rocky shore and the huge iceberg on it, but yes it is rather distracting cause it stands out so much. I enjoy the other shots of the big iceberg much more. Thanks for your edit and the comments. Much appreciated.

-TAG

Iqaluit, Nunavut is the icebergs. The little rapids in the river is the Cabot Trail. The bright sun over the water is the cabot trail. The boat and building at Iqaluit, the sunrise on the water is Eastern PEI, and the flower is Iqaluit. I have let to get myself to Newfoundland, definitely in the next two years though.

-TAG

I tried to do some editing. first time at it. Think I may have saturated some of them too much. Or sharpened some too much but I tried and I'm learning. Here they are. I also added a new boat picture.

300b_cr.jpg

crop5.jpg

crop3b.jpg

crop2c.jpg

313b.jpg

289b.jpg

083b.jpg

081b.jpg

-TAG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back