Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hole in a tree:
SDC10370.jpg

and 2 sunset pictures:
SDC10250.jpg

SDC10249.jpg

C&C please and thanks :mrgreen:

I like the top one. The other two look out of focus. The bottome one would be nicer better focus, maybe a bit brighter. I would like to see more contrast. This is just me, but no power lines. It's like a nature shot with man made objects thrown in there.

Those are my tips.

-Christopher

#1 - I think this would be more dramatic at a different angle where you can see the depth of the "hole" and damage therein.

#2 - The focus seems to be more on the tree branch than the sunset in the background and as posted it's out of focus.

#3 - this would be a great shot if it were in focus. Love the colors and would love to see them "pop"

1- I like the idea, I feel if you zoomed in a bit on the tree, it would be more interesting.

2- Not crazy about this one in general, seems to lack a good focal point.

3- LOVE the colors, yes, the power line is a distraction, but I like where you were going with this one.

The snow in the first is all over-exposed and lacks any kind of detail. Also the roots of the tree are cropped by the frame, when I feel this might make the tree fall over. It wants to have its roots.

The second is all out of focus where the focus should be, i.e. on the silhouetted trees in the background and the sunset colours. Here, the in-camera flash automatically switched itself on because the camera felt it was too dark for photos already, and the autofocus focused on what the focus light decided should be focused on, which is the flash-lit branch in the foreground.

The last looks like it has been taken out of the side window of a moving car, in the manner of "Oh look, that nice sunset!" - snap! Sorry. Like that, good quality photography cannot be achieved.

To go out in darker situations such as sunsets or night, you need to be able to work your camera ALL manually. So you can avoid that it decides all by itself to up the ISO and cause noise, you can avoid for the in-camera flash to suddenly jump open and light up branches that were never meant to be lit up previously. You can thus avoid that the auto focus focuses on things you did not WANT the focus to be on.

Indeed, you can take better photos when you have learned more about how your camera works. Then YOU decide. Not the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back