Some shots from Sat night

Bokeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
"Fight night 9" consisted of pancrase and kickboxing matches and made for some exciting, competitive matches, as can be seen by these photos. This event continues to get better and better each iteration.

Some shots in random order...

142_4232.jpg

The Judges, hard at work:
142_4276.JPG

142_4282.JPG

142_4284.JPG

142_4290.JPG

143_4305.JPG

143_4309.JPG

143_4368.JPG

143_4375.JPG

143_4395.JPG

141_4197.JPG
[/

looks like fast shutter and no flash? gimme some photo specsssss

It looks like the lighting conditions were poor...nice work getting these shots.

Excellent job getting the action here. I agree with Big Mike, lighting looks far less than ideal and you've done a great job getting good exposure here.

Thanks Allison!!

Mike,

The lighting was atrocious. I'm not the only guy that said this. The stage was fairly well-lit, but unfortunately this was at a hotel not meant for sports and the lighting had this yellow, orangish cast to it. Next time I'm going to use a custom white balance. I had to adjust each and every photo to get it to come out right.

Tek,

Flash was not allowed; probably the case at any combat event like this, including boxing. All of these were taken at 1/320 ISO800. This was my first time to cover this event. I think 320 is as slow as we could have gone, and I thought about going slower one notch but was afraid to risk blurr since this was action. I have another one I'll post of a guy jumping about 4ft into the air after a win, and there was zero blurr. This was also with the 300d that doesn't have AI Servo (20d is next on my list!).

I got the 50mm 1.4 on the advice from Bob Levy who does a lot of boxing in this area and said he uses that prime almost exclusively for boxing. Plus, the focal length was perfect for these distances.

I noticed a guy in the crowd shooting with a Pentax film camera... I had just bought my 2G lexar and while he was loading, I was shooting :D

The light was horrible but the event was awesome. The pix aren't perfect but there are a few really good captures that came out well I think.

Thanks for the comments...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back