Some shots from sun set C&C please

snaggle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s656.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some photos last night at sunset, this is my first shot at doing sunset photos. All photos where done with a Canon EOS Digital Rebal XSi, w/ 18-55mm. I didn't do any thing tothese photos I just croped one.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Last edited:
hi i like your pics but unfortunately i am a noob and i don't have any advice ..i especially liked #4 and for #5 i thought it would have been great if you moved to your left the converging lines are in the dead center and that looked a bit weird but then again i am noob....lol

Number 6 is my favorite. Some of them look a little too dark. #2 - the tree branch in the top right distracts me, but I like the color of the sky.

Curious about #3. Is that lens distortion, or does the church have a broken back?

Overall, not to bad. I like the colors in most of them.

The flaw that I notice, especially with the water pictures, is that the horizons need to be straightened a tad, and perhaps not so centered.

I would do as the others said: straighten horizons and learn about the rule of thirds. I especially liked number four!

All of your shots here look either a lot or a little underexposed. In low light, you should shoot with a larger aperture, increased shutter speed, or higher ISO. In many cases, you will need a combination of these, and try to bump the ISO past 800 as a last resort due to the amount of noise you will get.

With shots like #7, you are better to compose the subject against a lighter background so the subject doesn't get lost in the tonal range.

Thank you every one.

I am not sure if the curch has a broken back or not.

#1 and #2 the only diferance between the 2 shots is that #1 is done at 100 ISO and #2 is done at 400 ISO.

I find that the water pictures are strait, I do see that the water looks a little unlevel where it looks like the ground meets the water but I think that is more of an optical illusion. Can some one please point out how they are crooked so I can fix it for next time?

#4,6, and 7 are off balance. What post processing program do you use? Most have the option to level crop a photo. If not, I can do it in Camera Raw for you to compare.

Thank you every one.

I am not sure if the curch has a broken back or not.

But you see what I'm seeing?

I find that the water pictures are strait, I do see that the water looks a little unlevel where it looks like the ground meets the water but I think that is more of an optical illusion. Can some one please point out how they are crooked so I can fix it for next time?

Well take #6 for example. If you took and drew a level line to the left it would come out about the top of the trees on the left. Another way would just be to scroll down so that the picture reaches the bottom of your browser. The waterline on the left touches first and there will be quite a bit of water showing on the right. All and all an easy fix PP with a little cropping.

#4,6, and 7 are off balance. What post processing program do you use? Most have the option to level crop a photo. If not, I can do it in Camera Raw for you to compare.

This set of photos has come strait from the camera, I did a little with brightness with microsoft photo manager. #7 is not off balance the head stone is old and out of balance a little bit.

Most reactions

Back