Some software questions?

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A. What software do you think is the best?
B. What Software is most commonly used?
C. What software do you currenty use?

Could you be more specific?

Software for photo editing?
Software for photo organization?
Software for your photographic workflow?
Or something else altogether?

1) Lightroom - for all imports and basic edits to exposure, sharpness, saturation, etc.
2) Photoshop - for all skin smoothing, heavy edits, etc.
3) Photoshop Nik software plugin - additional edits to regional contrast, color, sharpness, saturation, noise reduction, B&W conversions, etc.

A. What software do you think is the best? Photoshop/ Lightroom
B. What Software is most commonly used? Photoshop/ Lightroom
C. What software do you currenty use? Photoshop/ Lightroom

If you are trying to fit this into your budget that you had in the Equpment thread, add anoth $1000 to your budget

I should also mention that Lightroom and Photoshop are good choices too.

:D

I guess I just prefer Picasa because my photos are just perfect right out of the camera, all I need to do is maybe crop and upload.

:lmao:

picasa doesn't render color correctly when saved as jpeg. even if you just load a jpeg and re-save it. either does paint.net.

anyway... i use photoshop. i tried lightroom because i don't really do any major editing. just clarity, saturation, lighten/darken but i just couldn't get used to it. i'm a big fan of Bridge/Photoshop. i've gotten used to all the keyboard shortcuts so i can fly through 1000 photos

A. What software do you think is the best? Photoshop/ Lightroom
B. What Software is most commonly used? Photoshop/ Lightroom
C. What software do you currenty use? Photoshop/ Lightroom

If you are trying to fit this into your budget that you had in the Equipment thread, add another $1000 to your budget

Im going to pass on the f2.8 lenses. "FOR NOW" Im starting off with lower budget backyard weddings, probably gonna do some couple portraits and shoot a few babys a long the way. When I get a little more serious, Ill upgrade to the nicer lenses. That free'ed up some money.

Usually software companys offer 30 day trials. So I figure Ill either make so much money in the first 30 days that Ill be able to afford any type of software or after the first 30 days Ill be so damn good I wont need software!!!

Chickawwww! :lmao:

Could you be more specific?

Software for photo editing?
Software for photo organization?
Software for your photographic workflow?
Or something else altogether?

For pouring on the additional creativity that you cant get done in the camera. Additional back ground blurs, doing the color BnW stuff and of course removing huge ZITS!!

You may want to look into Photoshop Elements.
It can be had for much less than Photoshop CS4 and if you want to you can upgrade later on and it will not be any aditional cost. (Elements Cost + Upgrade Cost = Photoshop CS4 Cost)

It will do everything you are looking to do without the huge cost. Later on you may want to upgrade if you continue as a pro and you learn the limitations of Elements.

I agree with the ACR/Bridge/Photoshop workflow. I've tried lightroom before but I've found it much quicker and efficient being that I'm use to the keyboard shortcuts.

+1 on the Photoshop Elements 7 ($100). It has 85% of the features found in CS4 ($700).

But the ACR/Bridge combo adds one more program to the mix. And PS and LR integrate brilliantly. I've found the LR workflow to be a real boon, but then again, I never did like Bridge whenever I had to work with it (that was before I got into photography). >.>

Most reactions

Back