Some stuff from my first professional shoot

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Nothing terribly exciting or artistic here, but these photos mark a turning point for my photography nonetheless.

I have a friend from our soccer team who volunteers for this organization that counsels grieving children and families (when a child dies, the rest of the family, especially the kids, go to this place for free counseling). Anyway, they had their annual awards dinner last week, and I gladly volunteered a couple hours of my time to go shoot it. Non-paying, but my first 'real,' contracted photo shoot. :D :thumbsup:

IMG_7918_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7921_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7964_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_8009_edited_RS.jpg

Very nice shots, Shark! And a great thing to do, both on a personal level and a professional one.

nice job, brutha. i agree, second shot stands out. i can see the "give and take" between the subjects, which was the very nature of the event...

you're on your way, man. beautiful gesture on your part, too, btw. :)

Congrats Shark!
I like the second pic.
I dont know if the third one (frame) needs some tilting! :?

Congrats congrats John.
It must be very exciting!
I like the 2nd mostly. Its the most natural I think.

Thanks for all the comments, everybody.

Question for when I do this kind of thing in the future. The ceiling in the place was about 10ft, and was white drop-ceiling panels. The 2nd shot (which I like best too), is with the flash bounced off the ceiling rather than straight-on. I really like the clean, white light that gives me, but at the same time I think the direct-flashed shots are more 'traditional'. It seems like most people are gravitating toward the bounced shot. Should I continue to bounce-flash in situations like this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back