What's new

Some test shot with the Tamron 70-200 Di USD VC

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
3,594
Reaction score
3,636
Location
Old Saybrook, CT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I wanted to diversify a bit and add a fast "people" lens to my collection. Decided to give the Tamron a whirl since I like the 150-600 so much. These are all wide open.. General stuff sure is a lot different than birds... Comments/thoughts welcome

I went out shooting with a few friends and she had a D610 so I decided to take a snapshot of her. This was for sharpness..

100% seems pretty sharp to me..


Of course I had to try a BIF and this Killdeer was quite tricky.. big difference between a 600 and a 200, lol.. Not ideal light..
Killdeer by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Next up was focus tracking. Found some young adults skateboarding and found they were much easier to track than birds, lol..


Then the ol trusty flower shots for bokeh...
Testing Tamron 70-200 VC by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Testing Tamron 70-200 VC by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr
 
I don't think you need us to tell you they seem great for wide open. Enjoy that lens. I will keep an eye out for d7100 shots with it also.
 
I don't think you need us to tell you they seem great for wide open. Enjoy that lens. I will keep an eye out for d7100 shots with it also.
Oh, only the first one was full frame, the rest are on my D7100.. sorry, looking back it is a little confusing... lol
 
Cool. Works well on both. I really wanted (want) this lens but got a good deal on a sigma 50-150mm off a friend, but I won't have it for a while. Enjoy
 
Cool. Works well on both. I really wanted (want) this lens but got a good deal on a sigma 50-150mm off a friend, but I won't have it for a while. Enjoy

I have a couple test shots on here somewhere with mine from my D7100.

Sharpness at f2.8 blew my mind.
 
Not bad. It really seems like we're enjoying a pretty fantastic competitive environment right now with some of the solid new lens offerings from Tamron & Sigma, not to mention flashes and other accessories from all sorts of 3rd parties. I can't help thinking that this competition is going to keep the heat on Canon & Nikon to keep improving their stuff, too, which is great news for photographers.
 
How did you pull that off at 75mm, lol...

I was hiding under a canvas :)

pure, luck to be honest. I was so shocked he flew down (i wasn't quite ready to start shooting) I just fired away before having a chance to really zoom or even focus; he quickly flew off. It's not even really cropped.
 
Got mine yesterday and slowly learning this lens and getting accustom to it, very excited with this lens.
So many good reviews on it I just had to get it :)
Enjoy your lens.
 
"Found some young adults scateboarding..."

Cracked me up. :D
 
This blows my mind, I had a 17-50 Tamron f/2.8 VC that was just terrible wide open. Your 70-200 is tack sharp.
 
This looks like it performs well everywhere. Another thing to add to the list of crap I need. :lol:

Greybeard, I've heard the VC version isn't as sharp as the non-VC for that lens. I have the non-VC 17-50, and wide open, it's awesome.
 
This looks like it performs well everywhere. Another thing to add to the list of crap I need. :lol:

Greybeard, I've heard the VC version isn't as sharp as the non-VC for that lens. I have the non-VC 17-50, and wide open, it's awesome.
must be true, I got mine used too, I ended up selling it for what I paid for it so I didn't get burned. Someday I may check out the non-VC if I stay with DX.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom