Sometimes I want to run away (self ports)

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went for the whole "vintage" feel on these. Let me know what you think, i dont know if they are doin it for me......

IMG_8499edit.jpg

IMG_8503EDIT.jpg

But sometimes, things catch my interest
IMG_8517EDIT.jpg

I love the first one, although the shadow on your back from your left arm is a tad distracting.

The second one looks a little funny. Not sure what it is.

The third is great but the whole left side of the picture is a tad dark.

Excellent job.

(My Newbie CC...haha!)

Love the work! Excellent job on the vintage look. Print these out and they could easily be mistaken for early 60s Kodachromes! (Gak... can we really say that the early 60s is "vintage"????)
1. Love the composition, but the lighting is too harsh.
2. Much better lighting, but the positioning of your legs is somewhat disconcerting; it rathers appears as if you only have one!
3. This is excellent - yes, the LH is dark, but the like of light that follows your arms and the curve of your body is perfect. I wish I could create portraits that were this good, never mind self-portraits.
Thanks for sharing!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Initial impression on #2 was 'Doesn't this look like the cover/poster for I Spit On Your Grave?' I mean no offense by that, btw... I like the images, I don't think they're the strongest work you've posted, but they're neat in their own way. Sorry I can't be more constructive.

Wow - can you please teach us how to levitate like you do on #1?

Seriously, I like these - the vintage look is there. I wish they were a tad lighter.

I like the 1st one the best!

Did you get that dress/cover-up from VS? I just ordered one today that looks just like that! Cute!

They feel over-processed or somehow processed wrongly to me. #2 is the easiest example for me to use as an explanation. See the white rim around the shoulders? And the strange outline-ish lighting around the knees and downward?

As a wild guess I would say you did a sharpen operation with Radius of greater than 20 and an Amount of over 70%. At least that's one way causing those problems.

#3 also needs to be cropped. Too much trees. Ask what the subject is when making crop decisions. Here to me, for #3, I would guess the subject is farming? Tree health care? etc. I would tighten it up on the subject and clip out some of the BG trees.

Really good efforts all around! Keep'm coming.

I really like #3, although I think it's a tad dark. imho in #1 & #2 it looks more like ur floating than running. Having one foot on the ground would have made these better i think... :sillysmi:

damn...coulda saved alot of $..lol.

Nice shots again...I like your work!

Most reactions

Back