Sometimes, you have to play

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9560162630_3645b8039f_o.jpg

Slight rework in the shadows and highlights...should be worth a comment or two.

$9562039227_7620bc8579_o.jpg

The conversion is nicely done, but to be honest, I don't find the subject overly compelling....

I'm not really fond of the general softness/coarseness of the way this photo is made. I honestly don't know what to say about it, other than that. Hard to believe I know, but this photo leaves me pretty much without words. I just do not know what to say...

I actually think I like the original better. Mainly because this picture is all about the mist, for me, and I think the mist reads better in the first one.

It's a rare picture where I like the thumbnail better than the larger one. Seen bigger, the foreground grass(?) becomes rather coarse and obtrusive, to my eye, and completely sucks the attention away from that fragile mist.

The conversion is nicely done, but to be honest, I don't find the subject overly compelling....

And that's the real problem with this image...there's no really good anchor point to draw the eye in and hold it..a big, majestic tree or some rolling hills might do the trick, but a barn in the grass just doesn't quite do it. Sighhhhhh but I do like the conversion processing as hinky as it is.

I'm not really fond of the general softness/coarseness of the way this photo is made. I honestly don't know what to say about it, other than that. Hard to believe I know, but this photo leaves me pretty much without words. I just do not know what to say...

it is hard to believe, Derrel...:smileys:

I think there's something in there, but you've not pushed enough contrast into the sun-facing walls and trees. I tried to really bring out that morning light here:

$foo.jpg

Amolitor has done a nice edit here. I seem to recall a side by side with color and the original B&W version...and I preferred this image in color then, and still do. The subject matter is what it is, not a whole lot going on as others have stated...but I believe the absence of color (sunlight) hurts this shot, most specifically in the misty area.

My two cents. :)

Love the subject, love the tones in the first one best. For me it is composition, I think there is too much vegetation in the foreground, maybe if it was shot at a slightly higher angle or more to the front of the building. I can definitely see why you chose this subject, I could spend hours with that place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back