What's new

Songwriter's Muse

fjrabon

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
757
Location
Atlanta, GA, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

DSC_4562 by franklinrabon, on Flickr

Not totally sure how I feel about this one. I go back and forth on really liking it and being meh towards it.

Thoughts?
 
Something funky in the focus. Almost feels like you've had a few hits off it
 
Something funky in the focus. Almost feels like you've had a few hits off it

That's what I was going for. It's a mix of flashed sharpness and the fact that the shutter was 1/4.

You get the really sharp flashing, and then almost a 'seeing double' effect from the ambient.
 
Something funky in the focus. Almost feels like you've had a few hits off it

That's what I was going for. It's a mix of flashed sharpness and the fact that the shutter was 1/4.

You get the really sharp flashing, and then almost a 'seeing double' effect from the ambient.
In which case I want more of the double effect.
 
Something funky in the focus. Almost feels like you've had a few hits off it

That's what I was going for. It's a mix of flashed sharpness and the fact that the shutter was 1/4.

You get the really sharp flashing, and then almost a 'seeing double' effect from the ambient.
In which case I want more of the double effect.


Yeah, I think that's it, it's too subtle to read as intentional, but 'there enough' to be noticed.
 
Now, thinking about this, I have my background brightness the level I want it, how would I get more of the doubled effect without raising the background too? Maybe like if I held some sort of keychain flashlight in my off hand and popped it immediately after, seems like that would take a level of dexterity I don't possess, haha? Or I guess I could just raise the background and then darken the background back down in post?
 
I think the guitar in the background is more of a distraction. I'd shift to give us more of the strings of the guitar laying down as your leading lines and keep the other out of it. Either that or include all of guitar in the bg. Perhaps hanging on the wall
 
I think the guitar in the background is more of a distraction. I'd shift to give us more of the strings of the guitar laying down as your leading lines and keep the other out of it. Either that or include all of guitar in the bg. Perhaps hanging on the wall

I have a few of more strings (and without the double vision effect).

I was thinking that the bg guitar provided a sort of mirrored frame since it followed the contours of the bottle roughly, but perhaps you're right and it's just a distraction.
 
Here is a lighting diagram of what's going on:



$image-3294008932.webp

Essentially the big thing I was experimenting with this was backlighting the label. So, the flash is shot through the back of the bottle at about a 45 degree angle. This really brought out the texture of the label, which was what I was going for. Later on I got the idea of the double vision, which obviously from the 1st post didn't get pulled off all that well. I guess I like the theory of it, which makes me want to like the shot, but the execution just wasn't there. Need to think about that one some more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom