Sony A mount

Wasp1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have got a Sony A77ii and I was unable to get it here is Australia and had to get it from America, so thank to the US for still having these there.
I have got 5 lens that fit my camera and I am more then pleased with the Sony camera. I'm not a know it all but for my I know what I like and when my Sony A77 died I needed to get a new camera. I stuck with Sony as my lens will just couple on to the new one.

I have heard Sony are doing away with the A mount and I think some one said they were moving to a FE mount or something like this. My current camera has just done it fill lot of a 1000 images and then it swaps back to 0001. And this is what it done this morning.

So here is the question I am sure the lens I have will not fit on to the newer camera's, but can I buy an adapter to fit my lens and then fit on to the camera with the new mount. In this I mean so that it will still have the auto focus and all the other things we do..

I hope some one can answer this as I am wanting to keep with Sony as it suits me and my needs. Thank you t anyone who answers this for me in advance.

Thank you so much I have seen them on ebay and things like that but never looked any further than past my nose.
I will keep this information for later.
I really thank you for finding this all out for me.
I just con't think of any reason to swap to a new brand now that I have got all the lens.
I know if I sold them I might gt the price to get one maybe 2 new lens.
So it just seems to be the best way to go.

Sony does hint that they will keep the A-mount ... but more Sony APS-C shooters are gravitating towards E/FE mount, so I think the time will come ... but not very soon.

I have a Sony LA-EA2 for my Sony NEX-6 e-mount ... not a substitute if you shoot action/wildlife as you take a hit with AF speed.

I have a Sony LA-EA2 for my Sony NEX-6 e-mount ... not a substitute if you shoot action/wildlife as you take a hit with AF speed.
Thanks for you free knowledge on this and it helps to know these things.
On your point with action and wildlife I would just have to make the adjustments to it.
I'm unsure if I would notice it, but if I do or did it will just have to be go with it as its all I have.
So then making these allowances to this it might not be as noticeable to me.
All this being said I am so pleased that there are people out there that know what they are talking about.
As I know I would not have been able to answer this one.

AF speed is much better with the current series of Sony mirrorless cameras ... mine is a bit old.
But if I was to eventually upgrade to E/FE mount I would probably get rid of my A-mount and go native, I just don't like having an adapter in between ... though that will be far in the future (I hope).

You are far more advanced in your knowledge on this as a lot of this is over my head, yes serious, I'm not too scared to say that I don't understand a lot of the tech stuff.
I am not in this for money so I think I could put up with the adapter, that is how I feel about it today. Things might change a little when this time for it all to be swapped over.

Sony a77 with 18/55mm lens
Sony DT 2.8/30 Macro
Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Sony DT 55/200
Sigma DG 70/300 lens with Macro button

Is it lens or as you have put lenses. I say this as I was on a facebook page at one time and some female cracked it as I had it how you have put it down as. So to save any crap I just went along with her and put lens. So I'm unsure of the right way to put it.

Last edited:
Hmm, lens = singular, lenses = plural.
Or do you mean spelling the singular as lense ?

I was told that I was wrong in saying that my lens which I had as lense was wrong.

Sony does hint that they will keep the A-mount ... but more Sony APS-C shooters are gravitating towards E/FE mount, so I think the time will come ... but not very soon.

Thanks for you free knowledge on this and it helps to know these things.
On your point with action and wildlife I would just have to make the adjustments to it.
I'm unsure if I would notice it, but if I do or did it will just have to be go with it as its all I have.
So then making these allowances to this it might not be as noticeable to me.
All this being said I am so pleased that there are people out there that know what they are talking about.
As I know I would not have been able to answer this one.
Sony hints that they will keep the A-mount ... be that as it may, more Sony APS-C shooters are floating towards E/FE mount, so I figure the time will come ... in any case, not soon.
Dafont 123Movies FileHippo

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back