Sony A350

On a straight visual comparison between the sample from my A350 and your A700, the colours in your shot look "deader" due to underexposure with a slightly green hue. The black areas, even though they were within the lit area seemed to display a little less detail than in my shot too. Of course that shot may not be representative but I don't see it as being noticeable better than my sample. :wink:

skieur

Congratulations!! Welcome to the Sony fan club! It's very small on these forums but we have room to grow and trust me, we will grow.

I have an A200 and it's an awesome camera! I love the picture quality and the way it handles. It's an amazing experience because it's my first dSLR. It's just wonderful and I love showing it off and bringing it almost everywhere with me.

I can't wait to upgrade within a year. I'm going to try so hard to get a job (if anyone hires at 14) and save for my upgrade. I don't know what it's going to be yet, but I have two choices: The A700 and the new Full Frame model. I just want one more lens before I do get a chance to upgrade.

Here is a ISO 3200 test shot from the Sony A350. It loses some in the compression but in the original the cloth pattern can be seen in the light area of the artificial flowers. Lens was a 2.8 18mm to 50mm which seems to do great with macro at all focal lengths.

artiflowers.jpg

skieur

Congratulations!! Welcome to the Sony fan club! It's very small on these forums but we have room to grow and trust me, we will grow.

I have an A200 and it's an awesome camera! I love the picture quality and the way it handles. It's an amazing experience because it's my first dSLR. It's just wonderful and I love showing it off and bringing it almost everywhere with me.

I can't wait to upgrade within a year. I'm going to try so hard to get a job (if anyone hires at 14) and save for my upgrade. I don't know what it's going to be yet, but I have two choices: The A700 and the new Full Frame model. I just want one more lens before I do get a chance to upgrade.

Thanks! By the way, I started at age 11 and got my first pro job at 16, so anything is possible with good equipment and a lot of effort.

skieur

By the way, anyone got a hold of the f.2.8 70mm to 200mm yet? I am wondering what the weight is like from a user point of view.

skieur

Which 70-200mm f2.8 are you referring to - there are couple models available (Minolta/Sigma/Sony/Tokina)?

so there is a full frame sensor model coming out? I have hardly kept up with what sony is doing as I was looking to jump ship... Can somebody post up a link on info about it? Also what is difference in the two sensors between the A700 or a350 I know the 350 has the higher mp rating but which sensor is better and why?

Haven't had a chance to Google around for a full-frame sensor camera coming from Sony, but it is a fair assumption. Sony makes all the Nikon dSLR sensors, including the full-frame one that is in the new D3.

Which 70-200mm f2.8 are you referring to - there are couple models available (Minolta/Sigma/Sony/Tokina)?

Mostly the Sigma, but I would imagine that the Sony or Minolta are not drastically different. I don't believe that Tokina has any Sony Alpha lenses.

skieur

so there is a full frame sensor model coming out? I have hardly kept up with what sony is doing as I was looking to jump ship... Can somebody post up a link on info about it? Also what is difference in the two sensors between the A700 or a350 I know the 350 has the higher mp rating but which sensor is better and why?

Way back when, about the time that the Sony A100 first came out they had an A700 in a display case along with what they called their flagship model but would not provide any info.

Most people logically think that this flagship model perhaps A900 will contain the full frame 24 megapixel chip and will come out sometime this year, which some felt that Sony hinted at during one of their press conferences.

skieur

It was confirmed that the new Full Frame sensor being developed by them was going to be used in the new "flagship". It was not confirmed, however, that they'd be making them for Nikon or such.

I hope they do make this one compete with Canon price wise. Can't you adjust the megapixel setting on your camera? so 24 to 12 to 6 megapixels I'm guessing (and hoping). If no one is pleased with this model when it comes out, I'm headed for the A700 especially with the price drop it'll have in the next year. Just like the A100, I heard was going for $140 at some Best Buys.

It was confirmed that the new Full Frame sensor being developed by them was going to be used in the new "flagship". It was not confirmed, however, that they'd be making them for Nikon or such.
This is not idle speculation, this is fact. Nikon has the D3 camera, with a full-frame sensor. This sensor, as all its other dSLR sensors, is made for them by Sony.

Just like the A100, I heard was going for $140 at some Best Buys.

Really?
I'd snap one up if I could find it that cheap.

I'm considering a used A100 and save money for lenses.
Is the A350 an order of magnatude better?

I can't swing an A700 right now, especially if I buy a Zeiss lens or two...

Mark

I've been doing some reading, and seriously considering the 350 soon.

I've read something about the veiwfinder being really small, is it appreciably smaller than the A100? I didn't have a problem with it.

Unfortunately, I live a long way from anyplace that stocks these (at least as far as I'm aware).

I'd appreciate any tips.

Mark

Most reactions

Back