Sony a55 vs Nikon D3100

Probably so, but I'm not a machinist. The amount of $$$ it would take to have that done would set me back enough to warrant buying a different camera.

I am a machinist by trade and a rule of thumb that we always abide by is don't make it if you can buy it. Of course that only applies if you can't make it cheaper than you can by it. And in this case you will not get it made cheap.

Just because I'm curious, what would you charge for something like this in aluminum? Don't get scientific or anything, just a ballpark. I doubt I'll keep the camera long enough to bother with this mod

Just because I'm curious, what would you charge for something like this in aluminum? Don't get scientific or anything, just a ballpark. I doubt I'll keep the camera long enough to bother with this mod

Well that all depends on how nice you want it to look. I can make a blocky part with square edges for fairly cheap maybe around $100. But if wmt want it to be nice and contoured its a whole different ball game and with design and build time i would expect to have at least $500 wrapped up in it pretty quick.

Well that all depends on how nice you want it to look. I can make a blocky part with square edges for fairly cheap maybe around $100. But if wmt want it to be nice and contoured its a whole different ball game and with design and build time i would expect to have at least $500 wrapped up in it pretty quick.

That is what I figured. Thanks for the insight

After a few more days of playing with it, I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. Going to post it for sale. Could I trouble you more familiar with these to give me a ballpark for what I should ask? I've got the body, Sony 18-55mm, Minolta 50mm 1.7, Minolta 35-70mm w/macro, charger and a Sony camera bag.

I wanted to like the camera. Mostly because of the screen. But it is just too small and dies too quickly with the EVF. Takes good pictures, but I just want something with a bit more heft to it.

Most reactions

Back