Sony downgraded to JUNK rating?

Uh oh. I wonder what Nikon will do when Sony goes under. MWAHAHAHA ;)

OUCH. If I worked for Sony I think I'd be job hunting before the market is flooded. Too bad because they've really made some improvements in their DSLR's in the last couple years.

First Contax now Minolta/Alpha? Why is it every time I go with a lens mount, it gets killed off?!

I don't care about their cameras; but I'd be very sorry to see the Playstation lost. Whilst another company could buy up the rights to it it could also easily fall into no use at all if the games publishers/developers simply cut their losses and focused on the WiiU and Xbox consoles (esp considering how many cross platform games there are now it would probably make things cheaper for developers if there was one less name in the market) .

First Contax now Minolta/Alpha? Why is it every time I go with a lens mount, it gets killed off?!

DON'T BECOME A CANON PHOTOGRAPHER!

Seriously if you've got a curse we dun want you - go to Nikon (its about time they had a mount change at the very least ;))

I don't worry to much about things like that. Sony cameras are selling well. The NEX series is growing. I'll panic when they when the time comes. I just don't understand todays market though where a company has to sell millions of units like Apple to turn a profit? I have a D800 so me worry? Not.

Overread said:
I don't care about their cameras; but I'd be very sorry to see the Playstation lost. Whilst another company could buy up the rights to it it could also easily fall into no use at all if the games publishers/developers simply cut their losses and focused on the WiiU and Xbox consoles (esp considering how many cross platform games there are now it would probably make things cheaper for developers if there was one less name in the market) .

Oh no....I forgot about the PS :(

And they're already a year to maybe 2 away from getting on with the PS4.

There are already tech demos and game engines developed for it. Square-Enix's Luminance Engine had better get to see the light of day damn it!

^^^

Hes a baller!

It says they need restructuring and do. Its the low demand for tv's causing an issue. Cameras a small time in the electronics market.

Overread said:

Oh no....I forgot about the PS :(

And they're already a year to maybe 2 away from getting on with the PS4.

There are already tech demos and game engines developed for it. Square-Enix's Luminance Engine had better get to see the light of day damn it!

I am not sure what Sony has up it's sleeve. I also read they have three entirely different full frame prototype models under development. I'm wondering if they are going to try to take a stake at establishing a entry-level full frame camera market. They've also applied for a patent on a multilayer sensor (think foveon) with three dimensional photo site topology - permitting larger pixels in the same two dimensional area. Such a sensor could be a huge breakthrough in both SNR and, thus, resolution.

Whatever sony is thinking, this bad financial news doesn't seem to be slowing Sony R&D down at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back