sony dsc-f828 worth it?

forum15203

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey im in the market for a new camera.......i currently use my step dads old canon 35mm SLR and i want to purchase my own camera

ive been looking at the sony dsc-f828 digital SLR and i dont wanna waste my money

i stumbled upon this forum in search of advice and figured you guys would have a good idea of what your talking about

anyway my question is whether or not this camera is worth the money........if there is something better (film or digital) in the $1100 range please tell me

thanks for reading

It's the time difference between the moment that you hit the button and the moment that the shutter actually opens. With a lot of these cameras, the shutter lag is so long that unless you anticipate the motion of your subject, you can miss them completely.

I've had 2 Sony digital cameras before getting my DSLR and the shutter lag drove me nuts. I couldn't even get a straight shot of my 1 year old nieces unless they were sitting still. BTW - I can safely rule out operator error since I spend much of my free time taking photos of horses while they are galloping and jumping and have no problems catching the action with my SLR or my DLSR. They have little to no shutter lag.

photogoddess said:
I've had 2 Sony digital cameras before getting my DSLR and the shutter lag drove me nuts. I couldn't even get a straight shot of my 1 year old nieces unless they were sitting still. BTW - I can safely rule out operator error since I spend much of my free time taking photos of horses while they are galloping and jumping and have no problems catching the action with my SLR or my DLSR. They have little to no shutter lag.

She's right - I have a DSC-F505V, and the lag is so annoying. What happens in the trigger has two stages. If you press it all the way, it will take up to three to four seconds for the shutter to actually open. It's mind boggling annoying.

Thankfully you can half press the shutter until the lag period passes and THEN fully slick it and it will be instant.

Most reactions

Back