Sony World Photo winner - what do you think?

what do you think?

Better not say.

Last edited:
There is always a point where a thing becomes pointless...Sony contest achieved it.

Anyone wanna buy a s**t-load of Nikon gear, five-light Speedotron set-up, lots of modifiers, and take over a studio lease? :confused:

I see why they chose this picture. Sony's biggest consumer base are the casual photographers, so in order to not scare them away from their products with really high quality pictures they chose this snapshot. At least that is what i think.

The winning picture made me giggle for a minute. The picture of the woman with her horse is now my desktop wallpaper, stunning capture.

I'm glad I clicked on the link just because of the woman with the horse

winning photo...meh

Im sorry, but big cat and little cat won me over. Every single other picture in that article is better than soapy dog.

I like the pregnant sunbather and her man in Italy. Old lady and horse. Muddy chubby chic jumping into lake.

Soapy dog? Seriously?

And what's with that site's upload quality? Surely those photos had better IQ than that.

I like the pregnant sunbather and her man in Italy. Old lady and horse. Muddy chubby chic jumping into lake.

Soapy dog? Seriously?

And what's with that site's upload quality? Surely those photos had better IQ than that.

IQ sucks donkeys doesn't it? The Guardian online is way better and features some world class photography - there's even an app called Guardian Eyewitness with comments from the pros who took the shots.

Some of the top marketing ploys ever include : Organised religion, Five a Day Fruit and Veg ( Californian fruit & Veg growers), Mega/Multivitamins, Weight-watchers, SUV's ( they are not safer the cars) and somewhere down in the bilge is this Sony thing.

O.K., I've changed my mind, probably regrettably.

The soapy dog picture won because people generally like anthropomorphic animal pictures, and beyond that the shot is poorly framed.

As for the body of entries, I have seen better photos on this site. Not a rant, just an observation.

Most reactions

Back