Sony World Photo winner - what do you think?

I have seen better photos on this site.
Forget about the winning pic, I've seen wayyy better photos here at TPF than any one of the pictures posted there. But then again, this is where many serious photographers hang out, so that's bound to happen. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dog that needs a bath..:lmao:

I have seen better photos on this site.
Forget about the winning pic, I've seen wayyy better photos here at TPF than any one of the pictures posted there. But then again, this is where many serious photographers hang out,
So, what are you saying... Should we create a bin for crappy pictures for SONY to choose next winner of their contest ? Or wait, is that SONY phone cameras pictures contest ? :D
Actually it is a crappy copy of that picture on this, MailOnline, website. Maybe on purpose, so no one can print a free copy for himself. She, Sophie Gamand, is not a casual shooter. her website:
About : Striking Paws
But then, oh come on. Where is a deeper layer of this pictures beside of softening the hearts of potential donors to the cause ? Well, it worked on SONY judges. :clap::boogie::clap: Nevertheless I feel bad for the other pictures members of TPF chose as the better.

The winning picture made me giggle for a minute. The picture of the woman with her horse is now my desktop wallpaper, stunning capture.

Yes, the shot of the elderly woman with the horse, the best shot from Poland, was really nice. Most of the other shots are the kind of shots that casual hobby photographers strive to shoot. There's a place for every kind of competition. Sony is trying to make regular, everyday snappers feel good. It's a sort of populist photo contest, not an elitist one. So, the winners make sense viewed in the context in which the contest operates.

I definitely liked the woman and horse as well! Beautiful!!

it was bound to be either a dog, a cat or a baby photo.

That does NOT appear to be the photo that won. The Mail is a tabloid, what can you expect? I'm not sure if all the photos they posted were entered in the Sony contest, some have bylines/photo credits from whatever newspaper published them.

World Photography Organisation

Most reactions

Back