Speedlite Automatic Zoom??

Yzerwing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a YN568 II Speedlite. It seems to function well enough but I had trouble with the auto zoom feature. Out of the box it worked as expected; the next day it would not zoom (you can faintly hear the motor zooming the flash tube in and out). The display read a perpetual 24mm. Now today it zooms in and out as expected again.

I have to assume there are circumstances at play here that I am not understanding.....

I was shooting with a Canon T3 in Manual Mode or Aperture Mode in each situation described.

Any insights on the Auto-zoom any books I could read to explain in more detail the very basic manual that came with the flash (it isn't much use really). This kind of information would be well appreciated.

What lens(es) did you have on at the time?

I just got a YN568 II Speedlite. It seems to function well enough but I had trouble with the auto zoom feature. Out of the box it worked as expected; the next day it would not zoom (you can faintly hear the motor zooming the flash tube in and out). The display read a perpetual 24mm. Now today it zooms in and out as expected again.

I have to assume there are circumstances at play here that I am not understanding.....

I was shooting with a Canon T3 in Manual Mode or Aperture Mode in each situation described.

Any insights on the Auto-zoom any books I could read to explain in more detail the very basic manual that came with the flash (it isn't much use really). This kind of information would be well appreciated.

turning it off and on resolves many problems

Designer: I am using a Tamron 28-75 mm F2.8 (favorite lens).
Beagle100: I tried turning it on and off a couple of different times with no luck.

Last time I used it the flash worked fine. This is my first real speedlite and I am still learning so I may have done something wrong without realizing it. Just looking for insite; can anyone reccomend a good book with in depth discussions? I know it wont be based on my YN568 but it is a Canon clone so that should apply just the same.

Most reactions

Back