speling

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
we should do something about the spelling on this forum, shouldn't we? ;)

I am not excluding myself here, I know I am bad :p

but we should try to write at least the technical terms correctly, since else we might confooze beginners... I mean like lens, aperture, Canon, ...
probably "aperture" gets the hardest time in here ;)

Although non-standard, 'lense' is an acceptable spelling. ;)

I find myself spelling it both ways for some reason. :lol:

Oh, and Firefox 2 has a built in spell checker. :p

I use the Google spell checker or IESpell.

Although non-standard, 'lense' is an acceptable spelling. ;)

Always thought it plain wrong, ... although it happens to me too sometimes .. ;) .. but I agree it is less painful than the variants of aperture one comes across ;)

Oh, and Firefox 2 has a built in spell checker. :p

I never use IE (and never virus-friendly outlook either :p ) .. always stick to firefox
.. but aint nevah using the spel cheker.

Always thought it plain wrong, ... although it happens to me too sometimes .. ;) .. but I agree it is less painful than the variants of aperture one comes across ;)

I never use IE (and never virus-friendly outlook either :p ) .. always stick to firefox
.. but aint nevah using the spel cheker.

From my understanding SOME dictionaries include the variant spelling of 'lense'. Not all. Firefox 2's spell checker is not one of them. :lol:

just found this one:

"There is an obsolete transitive verb "lense" that means "to make lean" which isn't included in many dictionaries."

hmmm .. so maybe that thingy used on cameras is actually always "lens" .. just some spellcheckers know that verb and others don't ...

And I found this:

Noun 1. lense - a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images

And I found this:

Noun 1. lense - a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images

yeh, well, even dictionaries can be wrong sometimes ;)...

OK, "aperture" is a hard one.
"Vertical" is too!
Pictures can be horizontle or verticle, so I understand ... :scratch:
It is definately (oops! :er: ) dificult.

(Oh my, I find it hard to put in so many spelling errors! But I type lots of typos, like "thought" when I mean to type "though" and sometimes I throw "through" on top of "threw" or things like that. :oops: )

The alcohol pixies make the spelling daemons go away.

that is because one loses the ability to read .. at least in those languages one usually does ...

but one might discover hidden skills in chinese or so ;)

So you can only use chopsticks when you're ****ed?

having had several asian GFs ... I am pretty good with chopsticks anyway :p

but when ****ed I would not use them for eating probably ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back