Spend a Night with Tweakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

add1ct

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WARNING!!! BEFORE YOU SCROLL DOWN READ THIS!!!
GRAPHIC MATERIAL IS SHOWN IN THIS THREAD!!!
PRESS BACKSPACE IF THIS AIN'T WHAT YOU WANNA SEE!!!!

>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>

>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>

highlife.jpg

eyesofadrugaddict.jpg

ShouldIHitIt.jpg

emptyinside.jpg

CoolGuy.jpg

Seperated.jpg
sunisup.jpg

gonecopy.jpg

stuck.jpg

headspin.jpg

ipod.jpg

leavemealone.jpg

intheendimstillempty.jpg

exit.jpg

Why is everyone of your photos revolved around drugs? Personally I don't like looking at these photos.

At least put some sort of warning in your title because I don't think people at work would appreciate their bosses coming into their office and seeing DRUGS on the screen!

I usually spend my time trying to avoid tweakers... they have an agenda that doesn't match up with me. I also think the shots are trying to romanticize something that only looks good until you've actually been around it day in and day out.

im not a drug addict. that's just what i like taking pictures of. if you don't like my work then don't look in here. simple as that. all i was trying to portray in this is what meth users do all night and how stuck they get doing one thing for hours not realizing the sun is up already

im not a drug addict. that's just what i like taking pictures of. if you don't like my work then don't look in here. simple as that. all i was trying to portray in this is what meth users do all night and how stuck they get doing one thing for hours not realizing the sun is up already

I don't really care if your an addict or not. Put a warning in your title!!!!!!!

I don't really care if your an addict or not. Put a warning in your title!!!!!!!

retracted statement but i'd still like an apology for his rudeness to my style of photography

add1ct, I think putting a warning in the title is a fair request where the subject matter is concerned. Can I also suggest that given the type of photography you are doing, you might be better posting in the photo-journalism section. The Beginners Place is more about answering basic photography related questions and isn't really intended to be used as a gallery.

Can I also request that you edit that last post, this is not a place where insults towards other members will be tolerated.

It is certainly some of the more interesting stuff being posted on this forum. I saw the other one too in the B&W forum.

There are several of these that are really good because they strike an emotional chord. The ones of the young girl on the floor and the close ups of the pipes and such- there is a surreal feel to a lot of these. They make you wonder about the people. What are they thinking, what is going on?

These photos made me think. And that is always a good thing.

However, you might consider putting a warning label on the thread. Some people will be offended by these shots.

I agree...a work warning or something would be nice.

in all honesty I enjoy looking at these photos...I dont necessarily think they romanticize the act of doing drugs. I enjoy seeing them because its not something someone usually takes photos of. they're different. I like them because its a look into a different life. they're personal. if you dont want to look at them then dont. Its his art.

When in doubt, its not a bad Idea to List as "not work safe." or "Subject matter warning" or give some heads up.

Actually makes it more appealing to me.;)

thanks for the comments on my work guys. and you guys are right a warning should have been put up by me in the beginning. sorry if i came on a little strong i just hate it when people judge me by calling me a drug addict. i dont mind if they dont like the pictures cause thats their opinion but calling me a drug addict is a whole different story

The only 2 people who posted before you first said "I'm not a drug addict" were OldNavy and 93rdcurrent ... and neither of their posts called you a drug addict. Actually none of the posts in this thread have called you that. I agree with Chris that your now-retracted response was insulting and won't be tolerated on the forum. You're obviously new here (it's just your second day), and may think such a response was appropriate. It isn't.

Whoa, are people even talking about the pictures or what?

I like the shots. The later ones really give off an uneasy atmosphere, anxious, excited, and obviously drugged. I like the shots a fair bit. Especially ones where the guy is drawing and the girl is sitting there, very atmospheric. Nice work.

P.S. They are just drugs people. Relax. Photography is in art, complaining about someone's photos is like complaining about the statue of David (or whatever the naked guy one is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back