Sponsorship

There must be another forum somewhere for idiots who think they can get Nikon as a sponsor. Can we please step back in reality please.

Unnecessary.

But unfortunetly, the posters here are right. Sponsorship is VERY difficult to get. You really need to be an established photographer who is under the public eye.

Anyone else think it's funny that they are asking for D5000s? That's like asking Honda to sponsor you...and asking for a couple lawnmowers. :roll:

This actually brings up a topic of interest to me. I am no world famous photographer, but I do teach photography classes to beginners looking to buy a new DSLR and they are constantly asking me what camera to buy. I am a die hard Nikon shooter and always pitch nikon over the rest. I teach about 70 people a month and have several hundred people on my mailing list.

Do you think there is a chance for me to receive a sponsorship? I won't be asking for a D3x or anything but maybe just some free stuff to hand out to my students.

Sponsorship in photography is like sponsorship in any other field like music or sports. You have to have some worth to the company, I'd say photography is one of the harder industries to get sponsorship from when you talk about companies like Nikon or Canon who already have huge shares of the market, they don't need you at all, especially with no portfolio or media exposure of your own. When you're talking about a big company like Nikon who already does quite fine moving units without you, you have to show that you could help them move a significant amount of cameras or lenses.

So...you won't be getting sponsored by Nikon when you just teamed up with your buddy to start taking photos.

Do you think there is a chance for me to receive a sponsorship? I won't be asking for a D3x or anything but maybe just some free stuff to hand out to my students.

I think at best you would get some literature to hand out to your students. Seems a bit sleazy to be honest, I wouldn't do that in your role as teacher, trying to get a sponsorship to shill to your students.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back