What's new

Spring Fling

jenko

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
652
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seventy degree weather, fresh magnolias in blossom, the love poems of John Donne ... let the romance begin. The poem that caught my attention this morning was "A Fever."

0donne2_zpsc73d4b9c.jpg


0donne3a_zps064b6fd9.jpg


0donne1_zps5e570d56.jpg
 
What did you do on #2 to acheive the blur towards the right corner of the frame?
 
What did you do on #2 to acheive the blur towards the right corner of the frame?

In Nik Color Effects, there is a filter called "Vignette Blur." It blurs all the edges of the image. But I did not want the entire thing blurred, so I put a mask on the filter and painted in the blur where I wanted it. I kept some of the blur on the edges, but changed the flow and opacity of my brush so it was much softer and more like a transition.
 
A beautiful and thoughtful presentation. Thank you. Ed
 
Romantic touch of a women.:thumbup: Nice presentation. #2, I wonder how it would look with the chain watch down the center of the book and a flower off to each side of the book.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, Ed and Newtricks! Appreciate the comments!


Romantic touch of a women.:thumbup: Nice presentation. #2, I wonder how it would look with the chain watch down the center of the book and a flower off to each side of the book.

Good idea on the chain. Maybe I will try it tomorrow when I read "The Flea." ;)
 
Number one is fantastic, BUT... I wish you hadn't included the cheesy locket-watch. A nice, antique pocket-watch, or an old pair of pince-nez or something similar would have worked, but...
 
Number one is fantastic, BUT... I wish you hadn't included the cheesy locket-watch. A nice, antique pocket-watch, or an old pair of pince-nez or something similar would have worked, but...

Thanks for your input! It was the only watch I had that fit the theme. I don't really see it as "cheesy" but a little childish, maybe.
 
Really nice set.
#3 is the best in the bunch in my eyes. I would like #1 even more, but the shadows on the left page are kind'a confusing to me.
All around nice job.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom