What's new

St Andrews Sunset

Thanks for the comments folks.

For the people interested in my technique here is a short run through....

Here are my original shots from my RAW converter.....

0.5s @ F22

_MG_0533.jpg


10s @ F22

_MG_0534.jpg


I first placed both these shots on seperate layers with the second shot on top. Using a layer mask I allowed the sky from the first shot to show through. I used the healing brush to remove some of the blurs from the sea (These were actually seagulls). I then used Noise Ninja to smooth out the sky and sea which adds to the silky, long exposure look. I then flattened the image and sharpened the rocks using a selection outline and USM. Finally I went over the rocks with the saturation sponge to bring out some of the colours.
 
Here we have got another beautiful photo that has painting-qualities!
Wonderful double-layer work here (which reminds me... must ask two members if they got my e-mail with photos that I had asked them to put together in this very manner...).
It is now breathtakingly beautiful!
 
thanks for sharing your technique. it all made for a beautiful shot!
 
What a beautiful photo to view as I swich on my computer
thanks
Pam
 
Digital Matt said:
Looks great, but it's either too compressed, or oversharpened.

i'd have to agree, maybe too much neatimage mixed with a bit too much USM. still though, very nice job at fusing them together. nice smooth transition.
 
Very sweet light you captured in that first shot. Love the smoothness to the water; nicely composed too :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom