Stacey

Horizontal portrait.. huge negative space, very small subject. From what I can see.. Fill flash would have been a good idea. She appears to have very dark eye sockets....

The park appears to be the subject...not Stacey.

Ok, thanks. This was my first time using the Brenizer method so that's why the background is so big. I'll keep that in mind next time.

What the others said^^

She looks awkward and uncomfortable standing there.
So many opportunity's in that location, sitting on the benches or the brick wall of the flower beds would make great photos. :)

I've got plenty of other photos. This one was just me specifically trying out the Brenizer method.

I've got plenty of other photos. This one was just me specifically trying out the Brenizer method.
I had to Google Brenizer method :)
Interesting!

Brenizer method. Yeah, that's always cool. But it's so small that it's hard to see any benefit to it. It's a lovely park, with all the brickwork and raised beds and lovely flowers and great manicured lawn. If you want to impress people, you'd need to upload a 20-25 megabyte file to Flickr.

Yeah it is. I learned a few things my first outing that will make my next one much better (hopefully).

1- don't forget to use the biggest aperture. I had mine at 2.5 when it should've even at 1.8.

2- don't forget to set a custom white balance.

It a neat method for sure. Ill be trying it out again.

Brenizer method. Yeah, that's always cool. But it's so small that it's hard to see any benefit to it. It's a lovely park, with all the brickwork and raised beds and lovely flowers and great manicured lawn. If you want to impress people, you'd need to upload a 20-25 megabyte file to Flickr.

I shot JPEG so my computer wouldn't crash ;)

Yeah it is. I learned a few things my first outing that will make my next one much better (hopefully).

1- don't forget to use the biggest aperture. I had mine at 2.5 when it should've even at 1.8.

2- don't forget to set a custom white balance.

It a neat method for sure. Ill be trying it out again.
After reading a little Brenizer method uses multiple shots stitched together to get whats impossible with a wide angle in a single shot?

The opposite. You use a telephoto lens with a big aperture so you get the OOF points. But you stitch the images so you get a wide angle shot.

The opposite. You use a telephoto lens with a big aperture so you get the OOF points. But you stitch the images so you get a wide angle shot.
Ok, Thanks! Looking at some Brenizer photos I can see why it's worth learning!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back