stack

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
shot during one of our DC meet-ups.

canal in Georgetown:

53494401-O.jpg

Nice one. I like the stark reflection in the little remaining water, has an eire desolate feel.

nice shot i like the reflection in the water

Excellent tones, Jon! Another one of my fav from you! Very inspiring! :)

Great one JonMikal! ths is my favorite of some of your recent ones, something about it really gets me! was this with a d50 or a d70?

303villain said:
Great one JonMikal! ths is my favorite of some of your recent ones, something about it really gets me! was this with a d50 or a d70?

:D

thank you!

very well executed reflection! extraneous reflections are sort of a pet peeve of mine, but this one is just right! i also like how the smokestack stands out against the rest of the objects in the picture. :thumbup::thumbup:

anyone notice that many members only view certain other members posts?

like...my bud has 2 posts and each has like 20 views and 2 replies. But jonmikal posts and he immediately has 100 views and tons of replies...

btw jon...no offense...good capture

Neophyte Photographer said:
anyone notice that many members only view certain other members posts?

like...my bud has 2 posts and each has like 20 views and 2 replies. But jonmikal posts and he immediately has 100 views and tons of replies...

btw jon...no offense...good capture

no offense taken. now let me defend myself :p

i have been posting here for about a year and a half and have made it a habit to comment on as many images as possible...even resurrecting posts from up to 6 pages back that didn't receive much...always felt that was the modly thing to do during my mods days....now i realize it was simply a nice gesture, cause i still do it when i can. it's not the quality of my images that draws comments...it's a rapport established over a period of time by commenting on others work that gets me attention.

i'm glad you brought this up tonight, because i'm in the mood to discuss it...in the past i was irritated every time it came up...and trust me, it's come up quite a bit.

i love taking pictures and sharing them with the world, as much as i like viewing others work. you have no idea how much i've picked up from being here. i guess you can say this is my home away from home. i love the comradery and feeling of friendship felt on this forum...the meet-ups bring it down to earth and bring new friends into my life.

for sometime, i've been singled out as one who receives comments whether i post 'crap' or not. i'm not one who enjoys much attention and feel badly for others that don't receive much...hence my daily resurrecting attempts. i've tried to keep a mental note of those that have complained about my so called 'following' and have seen in time their posts increase by the day from becoming more and more established. i won't call names, but three are still here and receive excellent reviews today...sadly, some have left. your friend will also find a home here in time.

if you're referring to the bmx shot of your friend, i was one of the two comments he received at the time of your post here. if not, i'm sorry i missed the other.

thank you for your kind remark on my shot.

JonMikal said:
no offense taken. now let me defend myself :p

i have been posting here for about a year and a half and have made it a habit to comment on as many images as possible...even resurrecting posts from up to 6 pages back that didn't receive much...always felt that was the modly thing to do during my mods days....now i realize it was simply a nice gesture, cause i still do it when i can. it's not the quality of my images that draws comments...it's a rapport established over a period of time by commenting on others work that gets me attention.

i'm glad you brought this up tonight, because i'm in the mood to discuss it...in the past i was irritated every time it came up...and trust me, it's come up quite a bit.

i love taking pictures and sharing them with the world, as much as i like viewing others work. you have no idea how much i've picked up from being here. i guess you can say this is my home away from home. i love the comradery and feeling of friendship felt on this forum...the meet-ups bring it down to earth and bring new friends into my life.

for sometime, i've been singled out as one who receives comments whether i post 'crap' or not. i'm not one who enjoys much attention and feel badly for others that don't receive much...hence my daily resurrecting attempts. i've tried to keep a mental note of those that have complained about my so called 'following' and have seen in time their posts increase by the day from becoming more and more established. i won't call names, but three are still here and receive excellent reviews today...sadly, some have left. your friend will also find a home here in time.

if you're referring to the bmx shot of your friend, i was one of the two comments he received at the time of your post here. if not, i'm sorry i missed the other.

thank you for your kind remark on my shot.

The bmx shot was of me taken by my friend :)

I have made a few posts here but never got but one or two replies. Kind of discouraging to go through the work of getting the shot, making the little corrections in PS, uploading it, and posting it here only to find 0 replies and very few views.

Neophyte Photographer said:
The bmx shot was of me taken by my friend :)

I have made a few posts here but never got but one or two replies. Kind of discouraging to go through the work of getting the shot, making the little corrections in PS, uploading it, and posting it here only to find 0 replies and very few views.

i saw that....looks like you guys had a blast!

wonderful shot, jon...you always see things that others might miss..its always talent that shines thru...

as far as the other comment... i understand what neo-photo said, but in defense of myself and probably others like me... on most days, i have time to look at pics leisurely...but there are many days i only have a bit of time, and you look for your buddies, and friends..and ones your respect, first..if i run out of time, then i run out, but there comes a time when you must understand, you earn your position here, whether its by posting to others pics or by just time spent on here... i, for one, always pull up a jonmikal post if i see it...along with quite a few others... they are first... but they have also proven their talents, and they have become friends of mine...

and to add one other thing here, we have added so many people who wanna post every pic in a seperate thread, and it knocks others out fast.. i hate that for everyone...and i agree with jonmikal... i will look at the posts, and if there is only one or two.. i will pull it when i can and comment... please note, its never intentional to pass up a pic... its time, or maybe, just nothing to say... not meant to hurt anyone, or to ignore them...the longer your on here, the more people recogize your name, and the more they will look for your name....

i hope that came out alright...no offense intended... and none taken..

Most reactions

Back