Starting to get nervous/excited

good luck john...but you wont need it..youve got an eye for people shots...youll blow them away..

md

Don't be nervous about your ability...you're a great photographer.

Just don't forget anything...nerves can make you forget the most obvious things.

Two tips I will offer is to pre-focus if you want shots of them coming down the aisle. Pick your spot, focus on it, and wait for them to walk into it, then shoot. That's the one I could have used. The camera I normaly shot with at the time I thought had a very reliable autofocus.
Boy was I wrong but a little quick thinking saved me.

The other tip is simply this. DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN.

Good luck, and I can't wait to see them.

Good luck.... awaiting your pictures and experience!

You'll do great.

Do take the time to check out the location before the shoot. I had a wedding where the bride wanted to get married in front of a west facing window, in an old CCC restaurant (dark wood interior - floors, walls and ceiling) at 5:00 PM.

If I hadn't checked out the location before the ceremony, I would have panicked when I got there. On the upside, I wasn't satisfied with the pictures after attempting to adjust for the bride's wants.......but she and the family were very happy with them.

I'm sure you'll take marvelous shots! Don't worry - be happy now :)

Don't be nervous. You'll do great :D Be confident knowing you'll do your best and that's pretty good... so do your thang!

steve817 said:
pre-focus if you want shots of them coming down the aisle. Pick your spot, focus on it, and wait for them to walk into it, then shoot. That's the one I could have used. The camera I normaly shot with at the time I thought had a very reliable autofocus.
Boy was I wrong but a little quick thinking saved me.

Good advice. Most of the gear I use for personal work doesn't have AF, but when I started doing weddings I grabbed my AF 35mm SLR for the action shots. Didn't seem to work as wonderfully as I had remembered. I've now switched over to all manual focus gear; I'm much faster and accurate with it, particularly in lower light situations.

Most reactions

Back