Step aside, Photoshop. Use Excel instead.

Interesting, at first I thought he was going to make a spread sheet with 1-Zillon cells and color them all in.

There is some better free software out there. Inkscape ? He will be sad if Microsoft starts a subscription like Adobe.

I agree that they aren't "paintings" but are probably more accurately described as graphic art. I am quite impressed with the patience and skill it takes to create such elaborate shapes and arrangements by hand with a mouse. I understand there's probably a healthy use of the copy tool and shapes can be created once, then copied, moved, and resized/recolored. But it still requires the ability to draw those shapes and envision the image. I don't have that kind of patience in front of a computer.

Reminds me of an old "What's My Line" TV show from the early 1970's, in which a person used a typewriter, and the various symbols, to create amazing "drawings"...many hundreds of keystrokes, and carefully moving and aligning the paper around the platen for each and every stroke of the typewriter keys, to create really neat line-type drawings. In a way, that was sort of like pointilism, and yet, different.

***Addendum: drawings made using a typewriter

Last edited:
Very creative. I like them a lot. Smart guy.

But why? Photoshop is better as for me

I think you missed the point of the story.

He took what was available to him and made it work.
I don't know. If you import your raw files into Excel, and then make a few charts, you could potentially highlight how much better your photos are compared to some found on social media?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back