Step by Step ...Raw vs J Peg ..

Novaman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently returned from Europe with a camera full of pictures . I have 2 16gb Cards using a D90 ..I shot most of my pics in RAW , but transfered over during my trip to JPEG as well so I have both. Most of the Raw pics seem to still be in the camera memory after I downloaded using Lightroom 3 .I have my JPEG pics o.k. .So here's where I am at.. I used the Picture Manager Control on my D90 to (Load/Save -Copy to Card -Portrait 02 1-99) when I downloaded all the pics only my JPEGS downloaded. When I review the pics on my camera ..the RAW pics are still in the camera and I can view them . When I remove the card and then try to view the pics ..the camera reads "No Memory" . I have a little Jet Lag this morning so .. please work with me on this issue ..I really can not afford to lose these memories.
Thanks

The camera cannot, and does not, display the Raw, it can only display JPEG. When only Raw is set the Raw file contains a JPEG Basic that is used to show on the rear LCD.

Raw is not an image, it is just a data file. To be an image a Raw image data file has to be run through a Raw Converter.

Your D90 came with Nikon's View NX. Use that to upload the photos.

Lightroom doesn't erase the card after you move pictures over. Check the Lightroom file name. If you shot RAW+JPEG the file name will have RAW+JPEG written on it (though lightroom will only allow you to work on the RAW).

If you're in doubt just go to the folder on your computer where Lightroom copied the pictrues to and check what was copied.

Thanks ... I think I have figured it out now ! Cheers !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back