Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A shy step on the road on a rainy day..

Step by jckars, on Flickr

Any C&C welcomed.

The new version, based on Traveler's advices:

Step by jckars, on Flickr

Last edited:
I don't like the angle. You should shoot her from her level, not yours, and compose accordingly

That might have cost me the reflection and the triangles there..
but yes, a different perspective would give an interesting composition.
Thank you for your comment.

Aww that's cute!

Nice catch! I'd crop everyone else from the frame though.

That might have cost me the reflection and the triangles there..
but yes, a different perspective would give an interesting composition.
Thank you for your comment.
Not an expert, but if you'd backed out a bit, and then took the shot at her level, you wouldn't have missed the reflection. Although if this is a candid shot, not much time is their to think & act. I really love the concept here.

I understand that you have to get the absolute instant that it happens and so this adds from having just that instant.
One of the underlying ideas is the the child being off on her own and so, to emphasize that I would try to remove as much of the traces of others as possible.

The curb is crucial to her 'stepping away from safety' idea so I would crop a bit to place her at the thirds, but retain as much of the curb as I could, removing all the people and people parts I could and darkening the rest so that they don't pull the eye.

Really quite nice and easily edited better on a larger version.
Good eye.

uacb.jpg

thank you for your comments.
@Traveler: that's exactly the idea I had in mind for this photo. I will try an edited version based on the comments.

I don't like the angle. You should shoot her from her level, not yours, and compose accordingly

Agreed. Aside from that, there's so much to love about this photo.

Love it, especially Lew's edit :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back