Stephanie

I like it. Very nice lighting. My only problem with the image is that her earing kind of blends in with her ear and it looks like there is something wrong with her ear. Maybe you should have her wear a colorful earing to add some color to the shot. something yellow to accent the lichens or moss that are on the fence.

Last edited:
The earring isn't a detail I'd really thought too much about. Something to bear in mind for next time, though I won't see her (my wife's niece) again until June. Thanks for commenting.

Nice use of the repeating lines,all on a slight diagonal. The fence boards, the near shore, the far shore, the water in the lake or river, and the far tree line--all on the same,basic diagonal angle. Her body and head breaks (overlaps) all five planes--the fence, the near shore,the river, the far shore,and the tree line, giving a good sense of depth of the scene behind her. It reminds me of a CD back cover artwork shot.

I really like how the sharply in focus fence makes the shallow dof even more interesting and noticeable.
Thanks for the idea. This is a another shot that I would like to try to replicate someday.

What did you use for lighting?

I positioned a large thermonuclear ball about 93 million miles to the left - seems to have done the trick...

I positioned a large thermonuclear ball about 93 million miles to the left - seems to have done the trick...

How did you control for atmospheric interference such as pseudorange ionospheric delay or beingasmartass? :thumbup:

For those who really must know then, it was shot in natural daylight with a very heavily overcast sky as you see in the background. As we were doing these shots, the sun was just beginning to filter through underneath the cloud as it sank in the afternoon sky. It wasn't overly bright, but it did just lift things a little. Nothing much was done to the image, other than playing around with the curves at the highlight end, some stray hair removal and a little spot healing on the coat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back