Still have your first shots ever??

Ccauceg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So just recently I found some of the first shots I ever took when I got into photography about 4 years ago. All I could think of when I was look at the old shots was "Wow, I was so awful". About 97% of the pictures were not correctly exposed, extremely poor composition, and just not interesting subject matter at all. I just could not believe back then I found some of these scenes interesting.
I compare it to my work now and I realize as to how far i have come. I still have a lot to learn but its good to see that I have actually improved over the years. Anyone else have your first shots way back when? If so how do you feel about them?

Yes I do, they're from Jan 1st 2010 ha ha, I'm a newbie.

Well, those are the photos I took with the intention of having good shots, walking around at Downtown.
I don't count the test and fooling around in the office shots when I got the camera.

I also still have in my PC the first email messages in MS Outlook since like Oct 1999 ha

:D

LOL, I'll let the photos speak for themselves! Here are some of the first shots from my G9 (obviously, I thought selective color was the greatest thing ever :lol:)...

imoz6w.jpg

34q05ew.jpg

211oqd1.jpg

qzen45.jpg

Lol those are what my shots pretty much consisted of too. I had a snap shot of a wagon with extremely blown highlights and a completely center compostion (I guess I thought the circle in the center of the view finder was a "bullseye" of some sort :p), and i thought it was a great photo back then too!

Yes I do, they're from Jan 1st 2010 ha ha, I'm a newbie.

Well, those are the photos I took with the intention of having good shots, walking around at Downtown.
I don't count the test and fooling around in the office shots when I got the camera.

I also still have in my PC the first email messages in MS Outlook since like Oct 1999 ha

:D
Dont get rid of those, you will look back on those pictures and see how much you have improved!

Here are mine, Taken with a crappy p&s but I loved it!

612709-2436046-1.jpg

612709-2355224.jpg

612709-2436034.jpg

612709-2436000.jpg

612709-2436011.jpg

heh most of my early photos (at least when I got the DSLR and took photography more seriously) are mostly indoor shots with a popup flash - all auto mode and of a dull student room (yah inspiring! ;)) and I can happily say they no longer exist to embarrass me.

I do however have a load of my early shots once I started to get going a little more - my blog has most of them (well the ones that looked good at the time) and there are a few more. I happily keep them as they are a great way to see how I have changed in my shooting - mostly for the better though sometimes the older shots can showup where I have gotten lazy in current times and dropped or let something slip in my method or composition.

In a photo album somewhere on my bookshelf - I still have most of my earliest stuff.

Most of it sucks, lol.

Early film shots, the negatives are long gone - all I have now is prints, but I still have pretty much every digital picture I've ever taken on a disk somewhere.

I don't even remember my first shots ever. I think they handed me a camera in the delivery room. :lol:

Here are some notes on my favorite image from my college 101 photo course. This one is a bit more interesting than my others from that class.

blog

Yep... posted to the internet for all to see.

Now though it's gone from pride to embarrasment now that I'm learning how to do actual photos. :)

Hahaha this is a great thread! I have all of the photos in physical form I took with my teenage mutant ninja turtles camera from when I was 5-10. I have old b&w prints from when I was 15-16 and I have all of my negatives and prints from college either regular rc paper, fiber paper, and cyanotypes on weird ass paper. I have myfirst digital shots printed out as they were from my first real trip outside of the country when I was 18. 2.3mp Sony cybershot! I have lost alot of digital files to my first hard drive crash in 2006 and then a more recent issue with my external hard drive but I still have access to most of it online somewhere...

I recently unearthed some photos that I shot as a freshman in college. I was surprised to see that my style was there albeit slightly raw. Also found 2 from my pre college years. B&W's that I developed in my basement. Very proud.

Love & Bass

Yep, my first camera was back in the 70's with a Kodak Instamatic 110 and I have all of the photos in a box. I also have my first DSLR photo....a Bobcat at Sequoia NP.

Couldn't resist.

Attachments

• $ALEX CANOE.JPG
    $ALEX CANOE.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 149
  • $2hares.JPG
    $2hares.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 146
  • $3 caribou zoom.JPG
    $3 caribou zoom.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 121
  • $ss hawk 1.jpg