Still Life: Onions C&C Welcome

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
View attachment 33949

Cold, snowy, bored.
Perfect recipe for a raid to the wifes kitchen again to carry on with my single light still lifes.
I took this one one step further. This is SOOC with only cropping to 8x10 and...
this is my first use of my AI lenses. This is from my 55 macro Nikkor 2.8
Your input is more then welcome.
Taken at ASA200, f8 @ 1/30

Opps...Showing my age...ISO 200. RIP ASA

Last edited:
I wept.

Ha!

I think the light is beautiful! I think it's framed a wee bit tight on the left and right. But the image has such a warm, cozy, comfortable feel. Quite nice. I like that you used two different materials for the background too.

I wept.

Ha!

I think the light is beautiful! I think it's framed a wee bit tight on the left and right. But the image has such a warm, cozy, comfortable feel. Quite nice. I like that you used two different materials for the background too.

Thanks Bitter!

I wept.

Ha!

lol! What he said ^^ but I wouldn't have thought of the funny ;)
Nice job!

There are many layers to this photo...

I have a saying..."when you walk into a house and smell sautéing onions, somebody there loves you."

I think, looking again, that you might want to work on the hot spots on the peel, and the onion on the left. It might be distracting to some people. I didn't notice it right off, but see it now.

I have a saying..."when you walk into a house and smell sautéing onions, somebody there loves you."

Miss Emily was home the other day, she got here when I was cooking, she walked in and said "Whenever I smell onions cooking I know there is something good coming"

See!

Garlic doesn't have the same power. It just reminds me of an old Greek church.

I guess I'd like to see a less warm version for comparison, but I really like it how it is. I think the warmth really ties in with how I feel about onions. :heart:

View attachment 33951

Update: Opened up the frame a little for Bitter and attempted to cool it down for Federico and Mully. Unfortunately I can no longer claim SOOC due to the color shift.

Love all but the hotspots on the skin and left side onion...pretty bright. I might have to have a goo at toning that down....hmmmmmmm, scary...:lmao:

Hey CB, have a go. Bitter pointed it out. It seems the left highlight is blow out. I'd be curious to see what, if anything could be done. It's beyond my skill at this time.

Very nice... I like it! Try a low opacity clone from just outside the blown out area, matching up the "veins".. do just enough to give a slight impression of onion, not blow out....

Most reactions

Back