What's new

Still trying

Byrdman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Im still learning. I decide to try some macro shots with the olympus c 2100 uz. Their both were taken with no tripod And no real light just a lamp. Let me know what you think.




Angel-hold-baby.jpg



angel-focus.jpg
 
Really nice for the light situation you were given. Not a sign of camera shake!
Isn't it fun to play with DOF like this and see what it brings about?
 
Both are good however the focal plane / contrast is off a little. The second has excellent contrast and focus. Looks like the second picture has a few hot pixels?
 
Thanks and yes there is a hot pixel or two. It's a older camera had it for about 3 years now. It's not my newest on but I felt like using it thats all.
 
It doesn't really bother I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my LCD! :-P
 
What's a hot pixel? How does it happen?

I like the 2nd one best. I know you were just using a table lamp, but I'd try to turn on the tungsten so it's not so yellow. Or maybe fix the color in PS.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom