Still using Tamron ALL 18 270 mm... whats wrong with me... i bought

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
another Tamron lens Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 and it drives me crazy to get a decent clear in focus photo........ i do not mind doing it manually.. but it just seems like i spend so much time trying to focus that it takes out the joy of using that lens...The tamron all in one my photos are very decent..... at least in my opinion .. is there something wrong with my new lens...? I have the D7100 Nikon..ANYONE else experiencing this disappointment...... i am sure i could have spent the money better....... here is a today photo of my lens tamron all in one 18-270mm which i primarily use everyday for work..this photo is my 11 month old dobie puppy.. I will take one using the Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 for comparison in next post .....thanks for any help
my guys 002.JPG

Attachments

• my guys 002.JPG
    my guys 002.JPG
    904.2 KB · Views: 178
another Tamron lens Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 and it drives me crazy to get a decent clear in focus photo........ i do not mind doing it manually.. but it just seems like i spend so much time trying to focus that it takes out the joy of using that lens...The tamron all in one my photos are very decent..... at least in my opinion .. is there something wrong with my new lens...? I have the D7100 Nikon..ANYONE else experiencing this disappointment...... i am sure i could have spent the money better....... here is a today photo of my lens tamron all in one 18-270mm which i primarily use everyday for work..this photo is my 11 month old dobie puppy
new lens 041.JPG
.. I will take one using the Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 for comparison in next post .....thanks for any helpView attachment 116747
here is a photo of him using the Tamron 70-300

here is a photo of him using the Tamron 70-300
new lens 041.JPG

The 70-300mm lens seems to be pretty sharp and good. The issue you have is related to Depth of Field (DoF).

Take a look at here

Online Depth of Field Calculator
wow thanks for this information.. i do not fully understand it so i am looking forward to doing this.......... xoxo thank again

oh i see theres a drop down menu.. but weird i do not see the Nikon d7100

i think i am getting it...... what do you think? I had to crop it so much so it would upload so excuse the ears.

Attachments

• more 011.JPG
    more 011.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 181
For the calculator use the Nikon d7000 (it has others listed there too). What it is is a "1.6x" crop factor sensor.

here's more about DOF ==>Understanding Depth of Field in Photography
and a different calculator ==> A Flexible Depth of Field Calculator

But essentially you are TOO CLOSE for proper DOF.
If you are focusing on the eyes, they the nose, as you can see, is out of focus.
If you were to go to f/8 or f/11 then the nose would be more in focus with the DOF. If you were to take more steps back away from the dog and that would also increase your DOF mathematically without changing the aperture. You can play around with the "Focus Distance" from the subject.

For the calculator use the Nikon d7000 (it has others listed there too). What it is is a "1.6x" crop factor sensor.

If you are focusing on the eyes, they the nose, as you can see, is out of focus.
If you were to go to f/8 or f/11 then the nose would be more in focus with the DOF. If you were to take more steps back away from the dog and that would also increase your DOF mathematically without changing the aperture. You can play around with the "Focus Distance" from the subject.

Thanks so much..will try again tomorrow

another Tamron lens Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 and it drives me crazy to get a decent clear in focus photo........ i do not mind doing it manually.. but it just seems like i spend so much time trying to focus that it takes out the joy of using that lens...The tamron all in one my photos are very decent..... at least in my opinion .. is there something wrong with my new lens...? I have the D7100 Nikon..ANYONE else experiencing this disappointment...... i am sure i could have spent the money better....... here is a today photo of my lens tamron all in one 18-270mm which i primarily use everyday for work..this photo is my 11 month old dobie puppy.. I will take one using the Sp 70-300mm F/4 -5.6 for comparison in next post .....thanks for any helpView attachment 116747
I hope you will be luckier then me with my Doberman, got him when he was few months old and after we had him for a year with no special events he turned on me for no apparent reason and the next day attacked my wife, they couldn't stop the bleeding for 24 hours and she still bare the scars from that event.

Not a huge fan of superzoom do it all lenses, they are ok but I like dedicated lenses that are designed to do a certain job well.
Nice picture btw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back