Still using Tamron ALL 18 270 mm... whats wrong with me... i bought

okay now i am getting happier ......... still a ways to go but i can see a definite improvement in these new settings that you advised......
here again 009.JPG

collie is pretty good too.. just have to work on lighting his eyes.... thanks again everyone.....
again again 014.JPG

See how in the shot in Post #31, there is GOOD focus on the tip of the nose AND also back to the eyes and body? You had roughly a 12.5-inch depth of field band. Here are the EXIF figures translated to real-world DOF figures.

Online Depth of Field Calculator
Nikon D7100-sized sensor at focus distance 2.4 meters at f/8 at 70mm (closest data for your EXIF) reveals Near Focus Limit 2.09 meters, Far limit 2.41 meters, total 0.32 meters--or a little over one foot.

2.09 meters is 82 and 9/32 inches
2.41 meters is 94 and 7/8 inches

the DOF band of 0.32 meters is 12 and 19/32 inches.
In other words, you had about 12 inches of depth of field (12.48 inches), at that range, of about 7.87 Feet or 2.4 meters, when the lens was set to f/8 and a 70mm zoom setting.

See how in the shot in Post #31, there is GOOD focus on the tip of the nose AND also back to the eyes and body? You had roughly a 12.5-inch depth of field band. Here are the EXIF figures translated to real-world DOF figures.

Online Depth of Field Calculator
Nikon D7100-sized sensor at focus distance 2.4 meters at f/8 at 70mm (closest data for your EXIF) reveals Near Focus Limit 2.09 meters, Far limit 2.41 meters, total 0.32 meters--or a little over one foot.

2.09 meters is 82 and 9/32 inches
2.41 meters is 94 and 7/8 inches

the DOF band of 0.32 meters is 12 and 19/32 inches.
In other words, you had about 12 inches of depth of field, at that range, of about 7.87 Feet or 2.4 meters, when the lens was set to f/8 and a 70mm zoom setting.
I think i am beginning to understand....... i need to do this more....... and really feel this difference....thanks Darrel

I just want you all to know you gave me such a lift since i posted this thread... i really did not realize how little i know..... and how much i need you all .... and what a difference your help makes... thank you

i am definitely having alot more fun with this lens now..
cash 002.JPG

glad i came here for help...... it will get better now

Most reactions

Back