Still Waiting?

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2 Months ago I called every local camera shop looking for a D700 or D3s and found absolutely none! I called every internet dealer I could find and only 42nd Street Photo had a D700 which I bought.

Today, 2 months later I get a phone call from one of the local shops indicating they have a D700 in stock for $2699...not a few, one.

So to all those waiting for the new release, how long will you wait?

I've already decided that when, and I really don't think it's going to be any time soon, that they release the new line-up I will buy a D800 (or whatever they name it) and use the D700 as a backup ;)

Google "japan tsunami 2011" and see if you can figure out why camera gear manufactured in that country has been hard to come by over the last few month.

Last edited:
no kidding?

Actually I am well aware of why there's a shortage. I'm just remarking because I know there are quite a few members who want to move up to FF but are waiting for the new line of Nikon cameras. (Canon too)

Well once productions is back to normal......

Sure, once production is back to "normal" they can meet and fill the backlog of orders for the D700/D3's long before they go into production on the new models and then from production to shelf...

i picked up a used "D" condition from Adorama last night. it was not there online earlier in the day and then suddenly appeared so i bought it ASAP. there are hardly ANY D700s to be found in the USA. usually amazon.com is great but even there it is hard. and what you do find is a lot of people taking advantage of the short supply!

Most reactions

Back