stitched pano

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Okay, I shot this early this morning. I messed up and shot it landscape instead of portrait so it's way wider than it is tall, and I forgot to lock the exposure, so you can see the seams (somewhat) in the big version. Doesn't look too bad here I don't think. I'll post a link to the bigger version after I get it fixed.

Anyway, here's Vernita Pano #1...

vernita_pano01.jpg

this photo doesnt really jump out at me and is sort of 'meh'. Mabe you could incude more forground so we can get a sense of scale, and maybe less sky?

whats up bug!!!!

wheres all the colors, all the spiders, and bees and stuff? No seriously, coming from SC we dont see cool stuff like that unless its in a picture. good job!

md

Well, actually, the hills are much too far away (close to 4 miles) for an effective pano shot. I was more impressed with the stitching job the software did than anything else.

Hehe, I added more sky because the pic is really short. Looks weird. Can't add foreground, it's the way it was shot. If you take about half the sky height off you'd be close to the original.

I was impressed with the mechanics of putting this together, rather than the actual shot. :)

The mechanics are excellent. What software did you do to stitch the images together??

Hey dowdey, I am sure there is alot of stuff in the picture, just look a little closer.... :lol:

bogleric- I used Canon PhotoStitch. It was a free d/l from somewhere, can't remember where though. :cry:

I was pretty impressed with how well it stitched the shots. I can't find any glitches, even at full size.

I really like it although I think I would also be inclined to go for a little less sky, personally speaking. May I ask where this is?

Aaron

This is a picture of the Saddle Mountains in Southeastern Washington State. This view is taken from the Hanford Nuclear Reservation toward the Vernita bridge. The river is the Columbia. Farther upriver are the Priest Rapids and Wanapum dams & powerplants.

And yes, I need to trim the sky back to where it was originally. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back