lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stoat - Mustela erminea

CLICK IMAGES FOR HIGH RES VERSIONS

HAHAHAHA!!!

these are great, an no, they don't need to be scarfs.

Cute little nippers. You've gotta wonder why some animals (like mink etc) are raised for their 'coats', but stoats aren't. Maybe because "stoat coat" just doesn't have the same ring....

nice, them cuties again :)

neither, they were taken at a wildlife centre
Stoat #2 is my fav. Was this at the New Forest Owl and Otter sanctury, or is this another wildlife centre you've found that I now have to visit? Reminds me, I must post my otter pics from my visit, but I'm not sure if they belong in this forum or the bloopers and snapshots.

Mike

Stoat #2 is my fav. Was this at the New Forest Owl and Otter sanctury, or is this another wildlife centre you've found that I now have to visit? Reminds me, I must post my otter pics from my visit, but I'm not sure if they belong in this forum or the bloopers and snapshots.

Mike

cheers, these were taken at The British Wildlife Centre
Have been to The New Forest Owl & Otter sanctuary but found it a bit hard for photography, spent most of the day shooting into the sun when I was there

Cute little nippers. You've gotta wonder why some animals (like mink etc) are raised for their 'coats', but stoats aren't. Maybe because "stoat coat" just doesn't have the same ring....

These cute little tings turn white in the winter. Have you ever heard of ERMINE? the white fur on judges dress robes? Wild stoats were/are trapped in winter for their white coats.:thumbdown:

By the way great captures #1 and #4 are spot on :thumbup:

These cute little tings turn white in the winter. Have you ever heard of ERMINE?
Cool - didn't know that stoats are also known as ermine. That might just come in handy in a trivia contest someday. :greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back