storing equipment

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by jstuedle, Dec 17, 2007.

1. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

heads up everyone....your gear is not covered by your home owner's/tenant insurance if you take pictures for money!!!! you need business insurance! dont find out the hard way. same goes for your computers/laptops....

my gear is stored in 3 bags...current use, switch off, and film gear...just in a closet, no extra security....but tripods, backdrops, lighting stand etc...can be foudn in various corners of my basement/house! ha

2. cameramike

cameramike TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    just wondering how would the insurance company know if you are making money? I could understand if you were a full out company but chances are then you are fully insuring your equipment anyways along with your studio

3. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    they have spies who can find this out if you challenge them.

But usually they won't know.

Either way, you aren't automatically covered anyways. you have to inform them of what you own...can't cover imaginary objects.

4. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

they are insurance companies, they know everything!!! LOL, however, questions would be raised if you have $5000 or likely more, of gear, for a 'hobby'...that you expect to be covered if your house burns down or your car is stolen with stuff in side or you are robbed.... then can say'...NOPE, not covering that much....and yes, you must inform that that have that stuff, because it is over & above the norm....