Storing Photos Windows 10

Raw photographer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there,

For those of you who use windows 10, do you use File explorer to store you photos. The way i got all my photos stored is in File explorer, i also store them on a USB Drive, aswell as back them up in Google drive. that way i can access them from any computer at any time even if i lose my USB and computer. Is there any easier way i could back up my photos other than Google Drive as it takes forever to upload them there.

Thanks.

Portable HD kept away from home/office (in case of fire, best to have in different location) With the cost you can easily have 2, backing up daily and swapping out as needed depending on how important even a days worth of loss is. RAW files are large and if you shoot daylong events you will have a fair amount of upload time to any internet service, whether Google Drive or another cloud type backup.

I have bought two pairs of Western Digital 4 TB MyBook external USB 3.0 drives in the last few years. Pretty good transfer speed. $120 or so. per drive.

Last edited:
Right now everything is scattered across a few drives on my computer, then it's all backed up to a NAS (which I can take with me if the need arises), and Google Drive too.
Having another physical backup elsewhere is a really good idea and something I've been thinking about too just in case. You can get a few terabytes for fairly cheap these days.

My setup:
- 1 NAS where I store the RAW files and Ligthroom's catalogue/DB backup
- 1 USB Drive which I connect to and sync with the NAS anytime I store new files on the NAS
- developed jpg on the drives of 2 PCs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back